Best (Free) TorqueScript Editor for Mac Users?

Author Topic: Best (Free) TorqueScript Editor for Mac Users?  (Read 1762 times)

In your opinion, what is the best free text editor for a Mac users who want to write Blockland add-ons in TorqueScript?

i use brackets, which already has good syntax highlighting for c#. that's all you really need when working with torquescript.

my suggestion is at the bottom right, next to INS, set the syntax to C++ and then click "set as default for .cs files" and that will essentially give the best syntax coloring possible for .cs files. all functions (regular and namespace functions) will appear as purple, which will be pretty handy
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:09:27 PM by PhantOS »

i don't use mac but i feel like sublime text would feel pretty at home and it's what i use on windows/linux. there's a TS extension around here somewhere for it

sublime text isn't free tho...

ya i guess tho the most it does is ask you to buy it every once in a while

It doesn't ask enough for me to care. I love Sublime.

I would recommend vi

do note that the only way I use a mac is as a Linux with chrome
and by Linux, I mean a headless Linux server, I only use the terminal on mac (+ chrome)

but since torquescript is just text, vi works pretty well as a text editor

sublime text also has a torquescript syntax highlighter
Holy forget based electrk I have been looking for this for years

I tend to use Atom. It's very robust, but approachable. And it's theme is interchangeable, so you could make it how you want it to look. It can also work with multiple scripts across tabs in a window, and has an auto-word placement feature, which is useful in case you need to place the same word across multiple scripts.

Another bonus is that it has a side window that can see multiple folders in the file you're looking into without having to go to finder and back again.

sublime text isn't free tho...

For all intents and purposes, it practically is.

Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use. There is currently no enforced time limit for the evaluation.

The trial version doesn't bar you from using any feature of the editor; you can install any plugin and customize the theme to your hearts content. The only thing you're not getting is access to unstable development builds. I used it unregistered for thousands of hours before purchasing a license. I never felt my workflow during that time was hindered by the subtle nag every 30-50 saves.