Author Topic: setPlayerOrientation/setPlayerRotation  (Read 1532 times)

Is it possible, in order to simulate a freefall or zero-gravity situation, to change the way a player's oriented using events? Zero-gravity zone bricks would make it less wonky.

Code: [Select]
Player->setPlayerOrientation->(Y-orientation)(X-orientation)
ex.
Code: [Select]
onActivate->Player->setPlayerOrientation->[90][0]

Players can only rotate on the Z axis, so what you suggest in the pictures is not possible.

the only way you could do this is to mount the player to something that can rotate freely, which would obviously force the player to forfeit their direct control

the only way you could do this is to mount the player to something that can rotate freely, which would obviously force the player to forfeit their direct control
If this could be done I think I could work with it using a mechanic used by something else in this gamemode

i'm no modder but it could be possible in either two ways:
a) mount the player to a special bot and force the bot to look straight up/down (or rotate the mountpoint of it)
b) make several playertypes that are just rotated

the illusion of the same effect could also be done with some clever camera work and bots looking straight up and rotating on Z axis

How difficult would such a thing be to script?

far easier method: create a staticshape using empty.dts, rotate it the way you want, and then mount the player to it...

far easier method: create a staticshape using empty.dts, rotate it the way you want, and then mount the player to it...
yeah if all you needed was rotation this would be the easiest way to do it. if physics are important then a vehicle or something would be better (like how tumbling works)

Could you utilize WASD controls to change orientation like vehicles use them?