Author Topic: Can somebody brown townyze blockland's RAM usage, and give statistics?  (Read 1519 times)

I think it'd be very useful to know blockland's RAM usage, especially when renting / buying remote desktop virtual servers.

here's my full brown townysis:

it uses a bit of ram but not too much

It very heavily depends on what you set the brick (ghost) limit to, as well as the number of players.

The default settings shouldn't use any more than like 2 GB for normal play.

The higher you set the ghost table the more RAM it affects with players/bricks/etc

My randomizer server took 500mb the most at 20 players - most of it was low settings along with a lot ghost limit but tons of datablocks

taskmgr

Blockland Ram(memory) usage is arbitrary and it depends on your blockland settings.

Like, the higher is your "draw distance", the higher will be the memory usage. Each single Brick in a server eats one portion of memory.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:43:46 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

Like, the higher is your "draw distance", the higher will be the memory usage.
I don't think dedicated servers have a draw distance, since they do not draw the bricks to the screen
It should affect the client though

RAM is very unlikely to be affected by draw distance. That's more of a VRAM thing.
Your client is still going to know the distant objects exist, just not display them.

The largest influence is ghost limit vs number of players. The reason for this is that it needs to know whether to send an update for every single object to every single client. You can imagine that's a very, very large list of things.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:04:01 AM by Shift Kitty »