What is This Symbol?: B Inside Upside Down Triangle Under Plastic Lid

Author Topic: What is This Symbol?: B Inside Upside Down Triangle Under Plastic Lid  (Read 4541 times)

I found this symbol underneath the cap to a plastic Gatorade water bottle/jug. It was next to a "food safe" symbol and a PETE symbol. I tried Googling it, but can't find anything about it. I can't even find a picture of it anywhere else. Whenever I search for it, no matter what the search query, the results are always flooded with picture and articles about resin identification codes (e.g. the PETE symbol I mentioned) or random spiritual symbols. Likewise, I could not find a forum for discussing plastic and recycling that I could post a thread on.

If anyone knows what this symbol is, or of a website I can go to to find out, please let me know. I'm kind of at a loss.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:06:17 PM by Platypi »

turn back now
they'll come for you if you dig too deep

it's probably some generic plastic manufacturer mark, there's literally thousands of different marks for all the random glass and plastic companies

i couldn't find one for plastic but here's a silly little site that documents glass manufacturer marks
https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/

B was the true killer of jfk

you weren't supposed to find this

secret invitation to the Gatorade club, where all the "athletics" hang out

It's the Neo-TBM Clan.
They're coming for you next.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:57:42 PM by K3k0m@n »

i think it's a symbol indicating what kind of plastic it is and if it's recyclable or not.

From what I gather, the circle is the symbol for enclosure (the cap). An upside-down triangle inside of it, also known as the chalice, is the alchemical sign for water.

I'm not sure what the B stands for....are you sure it's a B and not an 8?

its not one of the resin identification codes so it might just be a stamp of manufacturer