So im starting a band

Author Topic: So im starting a band  (Read 3745 times)

holy forget how many guitars does a man need

It's convenient because you can keep them in different tunings or have a backup if you break strings.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with

the oaksmoakers - coffee shop

holy forget how many guitars does a man need

As many as they loving want, pleb. I have three electrics, an acoustic, and a bass.

It's convenient because you can keep them in different tunings or have a backup if you break strings.
brother just put in new strings
anyways acoustic is way better so u don't need a single electric

Putting in new strings is scary also
< depriving yourself of one timbre in allegiance to another
WHY!!

Bitch, I get a pack of $15+ strings for my guitars, you think I'm gonna spend that loving money every single month for three instruments? Hell no. I'll cycle through strings on each guitar when I A.) have the money B.) when the strings are dead-ass done. Having multiple guitars (especially when youre me and they all have different amounts of strings) is helpful becuase they all have their own sound. If I'm in the mood for a certain sound one guitar makes, I pick that one up. A guitar is a tool. What simp-ass motherforgeter has only one single screwdriver for only one size?

Putting in new strings is scary also
< depriving yourself of one timbre in allegiance to another
WHY!!
pff learn to do it u wuss
also electric is objectively worse
Bitch, I get a pack of $15+ strings for my guitars, you think I'm gonna spend that loving money every single month for three instruments? Hell no. I'll cycle through strings on each guitar when I A.) have the money B.) when the strings are dead-ass done. Having multiple guitars (especially when youre me and they all have different amounts of strings) is helpful becuase they all have their own sound. If I'm in the mood for a certain sound one guitar makes, I pick that one up. A guitar is a tool. What simp-ass motherforgeter has only one single screwdriver for only one size?
idk you do heavy metal so id imagine you have a lot of strings being replaced. also i started writing an argument against it when i realized that im a loving idiot since i have three violins and soon a fourth. lmao

the last thing the world needs is another nu metal band

Not everyone is a bedroom hero. When you're playing a show, you don't always have the luxury of time to change strings. I cannot count the number of times I've seen bands break a string and hold their set back 5-10 minutes. In combination with taking an extra guitar, I almost always leave new strings uncut because if they break at the bridge, I'll have some extra slack to try a quick fix.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:06:34 AM by SUSHI »

A band. 2ft X 4ft closet.

You have fun with that. My band used small amps with 8" speakers and we still took up and entire living room between equipment and the drumkit

A band. 2ft X 4ft closet.

You have fun with that. My band used small amps with 8" speakers and we still took up and entire living room between equipment and the drumkit
Presumably in this situation they'll record their songs 1 instrument at a time with overdubs. that could get tricky but it's definitely possible.