Author Topic: Modded OpenTTD Server - (OFFLINE) Down for the day.  (Read 1831 times)

Welcome.
Its finally back.

I am going to host OpenTTD with mods. The mods are all going to be on the ingame mod manager.

The server name will be "Blockland Train Union"
The password is "cuckland"
Here is a link to OpenTTD.
https://www.openttd.org/en/

The mods will be:
FIRS
EGRVTS 2
Squid ate FISH
OpenGFX+ Trains (Its needed for FIRS)
Brianium: Speed Limit for bridges.
Vacuum Tube Train (Vactrain) Set

The rules are:
Dont purposefully troll.
Dont fund road reconstructions or buy land where you wont even use it.
Do not block road vehicles or trains purposefully.

Tips and Tricks
Squid ate FISH! adds FIRS support and changes how boat calculations work, meaning that boats are actually very profitable like in real life. Its not like in the original game where they are useless.
EGRVTS 2 has new, much stronger road vehicles and includes trams. They are pretty strong and very useful for earning small amounts of cash quickly.
I turned off inflation and vehicles getting phased out, mostly so that old vehicles which were very profitable and useful dont get phased out. Its pretty annoying in the late-game that you cannot have a budget train.
If two people are in one company, they share things like profits and money.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:15:54 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

consider checking out the NARS mod, it's super neat

It seems people have more interest in the topic now. I will try to host it shortly. By that im saying 20 minutes.

consider checking out the NARS mod, it's super neat
I will check it out for an eventual future server. I kind of wanted to keep a tiny bit of OpenTTD's vehicles in the pack.

EDIT: IT IS UP, JOIN NOW.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:53:54 AM by CRITAWAKETS »

edit: nvm my game is saying "matching file not found"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:02:42 AM by [FUG] Nukedude »

Renember to use version 1.7.1 which is the latest version. If you dont it will cause issues.

EDIT: I removed NewStations since it was not on the ingame mod manager.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:10:19 AM by CRITAWAKETS »

i wanna play but the openttd site isnt letting me download it lol

edit: finally
edit: now the installer can't connect to the site to download opengfx and stuff fml

love this game, but it does not work well running 24/7.

players move things along far too fast, and they should be on at about the same time and have the same fair opportunity.

hardcore players (or just people on tight schedules) should have like 3 games at once, that are up for a certain shift of the day, if they absolutely need to play a stuffload. at least they can rotate from 3 different games without unfair play.