Author Topic: Foxhole Game - Persistent War MMO [On sale!]  (Read 2980 times)

===

Foxhole is a massively multiplayer game where you will work with hundreds of players to shape the outcome of a persistent online war. This is the ultimate game of collaborative strategy and tactics. Every action you take can have a powerful and permanent effect across a vast world in a constant state of war.

===

Key features include:

• Constructable defenses and buildings - Place and deploy structures however you see fit to defend any location on the map
  • Massive maps - Maps support up to 140 players at one time, each being incredibly detailed with a unique playstle
  • Resource gathering - Every weapon, bullet, and vehicle costs resources to make which must be gathered and refined by players. Dedicating soldiers to logistics and resource gathering is just as important as dedicating soldiers to the front line
  • Technology tree - Each army has a tech tree they can dedicate resources too. Communicate with your team to unlock upgrades and new weapons/armor to what best suits your tactics.
  • Realistic combat - Every gun requires ammo, every tank requires rounds. Damage values are realistic, one shot can incapacitate a player unless a medic is nearby to help him
  • Combat across multiple environments - From tank warfare to amphibious landings, take the fight to your enemies however you see fit. Storm a fortress with APC's and artillery fire, or sneak in and decimate them from the inside with tactical infantry squads equipped with explosives.
  • Long term battles - A battle can span across multiple real-time days before a winner is decided
  • Ranking system - Control a persistent character across all servers and gain renown to increase your rank

===

Media
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:58:57 PM by RedGajin »

amazing game thats stable and pretty well optimized for early access (my really stuffty laptop can handle it on medium settings at like 60fps). local VOIP chat makes the game so much more immersive when you're rushing a base with 50 other people and commanders are yelling out orders and people screaming for medics. the videos i linked mostly focus on combat, but the logistics aspect of the game is just as fun. often times i never even fire a gun for a whole match, and just run supplies between bases or transport soldier to the frontlines. or focus on being a frontline engineer and secure key locations for your team by building defenses around it. or be a medic and just run around avoiding bullets and grenades while trying to save soldiers before they bleed out.

the games only $20, devs are very active and communicate with the community regularly and take great feedback. if enough people are interested, we should def start a clan and hit up a server sometime
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:02:18 AM by RedGajin »

i played it when it only had like 100 players or even more players and it was in it's prototype state. it was a small map, guns were spawned in containers and those guns respawned overtime. we did strategy with our fights and essentially it was a fun ass base wars situation. i loved it.

sadly i lost interest in it mainly due to the factory update and i disliked the fact that you had to build your rifle and the factories got overcrowded + people stole stuff from the factory too plus now the game costs actual money but maybe i'll revisit it sometime.

here's some proof that i had the prototype - https://i.imgur.com/GU8rm7q.png

i played it when it only had like 100 players or even more players and it was in it's prototype state. it was a small map, guns were spawned in containers and those guns respawned overtime. we did strategy with our fights and essentially it was a fun ass base wars situation. i loved it.

sadly i lost interest in it mainly due to the factory update and i disliked the fact that you had to build your rifle and the factories got overcrowded + people stole stuff from the factory too plus now the game costs actual money but maybe i'll revisit it sometime.

here's some proof that i had the prototype - https://i.imgur.com/GU8rm7q.png
idk about back then, but if youre someone fighting on the front, you never have to worry about making guns or ammo, the logistics people supply it and you use it. you never even have to glance at a weapon factory. you can lock trucks so no one can steal anything out of it. the only time anything gets stolen is if you leave it out in the open free to take, or someone's actually trying blow up friendly trucks (in which case they just get banned from the server)

i have the game and it's so much fun, but the one, ONE major problem about this game is in the title:

foxholes.
whatever team has the most foxholes win. 90% of the time it ends in a stalemate until one team just gives up defending something no one loving goes by anymore because of all the forgetiN fOXHOLES

use grenades (idk i haven't played since pre-alpha)
also somebody should buy it for me

did somebody say fox hole?

good game but typically an absolutely awful community. idk too much about now but during the prototype people would often steal stuff, be rude, teamkill, etc. also people leave their stuff everywhere and go offline after locking everything so it's just in the way.

you can lock trucks so no one can steal anything out of it.
the wrench used to be able to unlock trucks, and I think it still is capable of doing so. just takes time

Looks like running with rifles

rwr is a good comparison, this game basically just took that concept and made it 10x more indepth

When I heard the concept I was excited as forget. This sounds amazing.
That said, I then learned it's 2d/overhead perspective. That's a bit disappointing. I tend to only play 3d fps games, but I'll try this one out.

When I heard the concept I was excited as forget. This sounds amazing.
That said, I then learned it's 2d/overhead perspective. That's a bit disappointing. I tend to only play 3d fps games, but I'll try this one out.
i dont think you understand what 2D and 3D mean

i dont think you understand what 2D and 3D mean
I'm referring to gameplay, not graphics strictly speaking.

the topdown playstyle is actually really well done. there LOS that effect things like players behind walls, in bushes, or depending on the time of day. combat with it is pretty fluid, you have a line connecting your crosshair to your player, so narrowing targets isnt hard. the game compensates for this with things like elevation, movement, and stance effecting your firerate p heavily. only downside is with shorter range weapons, you find yourself shooting at enemies off screen a lot, but thats just a tradeoff of the short range weapons