Grape-kun the Humboldt Penguin dies at 21 in Tobu Zoo

Author Topic: Grape-kun the Humboldt Penguin dies at 21 in Tobu Zoo  (Read 2165 times)

The Humboldt penguin at Tobu Zoo, so-called "Grape-kun", has died. He became somewhat famous for his affection towards a cutout of the character Hululu from the anime Kemono Friends that was put in his environment as part of a promotion; a love so deep that when the promotion ended he had become depressed, with much public outcry to give the penguin his waifu back. Grape-kun's love for Hululu sparked many memes and fan art, and the penguin had grown so attached to the cutout that it had to be taken with him for medical check-ups to calm him down. Grape-kun lived a full life, as 20-21 is around the average life-span of a Humboldt. Even though Grape-kun only had his waifu for a few months, he spent as much time as possible with her as he could. Rest in peace, Grape-kun.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that's actually kinda cute and now i'm sad :'(

loving weeaboo? he desevrved it 😎😂😂😤😠

i usually don't do bestiality but i would forget

KAKYOIN! IGGY! AVDOL! GRAPE-KUN! WE DID IT!

I guess we've done something incredible; turning an animal into a Weeb.

kemono friends humboldt penguin voice actor's response

Quote from: someone's translation
Thank you so much for your love for Hululu and for enjoying Kemono Friends together with us. I'm filled with sadness because I didn't think you would depart us so soon, but even if you are in heaven I hope you will watch over Hululu. Grape-kun, I wish you happiness in the next world from the bottom of my heart.

a penguin with a waifu? now that's adorable

never forget the origins when he got NTR'd by his wife and turned to 2D because of it

the last power couple