What is wrong with my motorcycle?

Author Topic: What is wrong with my motorcycle?  (Read 842 times)

so i got a 05' vstar 250 from craigslist theres the problem and it was running great until it started raining down here (the gas cap on the bike is loose so water got into the tank) and it started bogging down from rust getting mixed in the gas, so i took the tank off and cleaned the rust out using vinegar, worked great, clean tank, i took apart the carburetor and cleaned it (let it soak in gasoline, used a toothbrush to get any hard to get areas, blew through the jets making sure they were clear) and got new plugs, but for some loving reason its still bogging down and refusing to start, if anyone on here knows about bikes, give me your thoughts

it wasnt vaccinated and smoked oak leaves 💨🍂 🔥

carbs are forgeted, pistons and rings and walls are forgeted, heads and valves can be forgeted, etc

try replacing spark plugs first though, more than likely its just that
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:42:13 PM by Insert Name Here² »

did you change out the headlight fluid yet

make sure there are no oak leaves in the engine

carbs are forgeted, pistons and rings and walls are forgeted, heads and valves can be forgeted, etc

try replacing spark plugs first though, more than likely its just that
as stated before, i already have

why is it that every time th3coolst3r posts its some question about him loving something up

why is it that every time th3coolst3r posts its some question about him loving something up
adequate question

I remember ordering a motorcycle recently and did the full assembly, I usally keep it in a garage to stop this from happening.

Did you dump the rust out of the tank when removing the rust?

Is it a kickstarter or pull?

If its a assembly, did you make sure everything is bolted correctly?

Did you remember to open the fuel tap before running?

If water got into the engine, the engine is pretty much blown.

Thanks to the people who gave advice and forget the people judging me and saying it's my fault even though these things happen on there own

Rant over

It ended up looking like the acceleration pump was blocked up, the battery is charging now and the bike should be good, locking thread