Author Topic: Avatar Events v.1.2  (Read 6618 times)

☺    AVATAR EVENTS    ☻
Avatar Editing, Saving, and Loading
v.1.2

FEATURES:

brick > botAvatarEdit       [action]  [node]  [color]          edit the hole bot avatar
            brick > botFireWeapon     [trig]                              make the hole bot fire held weapon
            client > avatarClear                                              clear the clients avatar
            player > editAppearance  [action]  [node]  [color]          edit the player avatar
            client > avatarLoad                                               load the clients avatar
            client > avatarSave                                               save the clients avatar
            player > doEmote            [time]                              do a player emote
            player > playAnimation    [type]  [time]                      do a player animation

PLAYER PERSISTENCE SUPPORTED
When enabled, avatars will be saved and loaded even if you leave and rejoin the server!

VCE SUPPORTED
With VCE, you can store and use values as nodes!

SLAYER SUPPORTED
With the Slayer Avatar Patch, you can modify and save/load Slayer Minigame Uniforms!

! ATTENTION !
This add-on replaces Event_PlayerBotPlus!
please delete it and use this instead

DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:24:15 PM by Goth77 »

COMPATIBILITY PATCHES

These fix avatar saving and loading for certain add-ons that modify the player avatar

SLAYER
- PATCH DOWNLOAD -
REPLACE GAMECONNECTION.CS IN GAMEMODE_SLAYER/SERVER/CORE/

If you have an add-on you would like patched just let me know

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:13:28 PM by Goth77 »

-Unreserved-

ot: cool I guess

whats with the botFireWeapon event
we already have onBlank > Bot > playGesture > Mov_attack

whats with the botFireWeapon event
we already have onBlank > Bot > playGesture > Mov_attack

its activated via brick

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:03:58 AM by Kyuande »

UPDATE  -  v.1.2  -
------------------------
-Fixes a bug where unhidden nodes would not save properly
-Restores compatibility with player -> EditAppearance output events

* NEW *
Compatibility Patches for Add-ons that edit the player avatar

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PATCHES
-Slayer Compatibility Patch

See OP for updated download link and compatibility patch details
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:03:12 AM by Goth77 »

Cool, is there a way to prevent people from changing their avatar through the avatar menu?

Cool, is there a way to prevent people from changing their avatar through the avatar menu?
Yes - simply have them save their current avatar and when they change it in the avatar menu it will not work

Yes - simply have them save their current avatar and when they change it in the avatar menu it will not work

So I can set like a uniform with slayer that can change with events and they can't turn it off with the save option?

So I can set like a uniform with slayer that can change with events and they can't turn it off with the save option?
That is correct. Additionally, if you want to clear the players avatar, you would just use the avatarClear event. If you are in a minigame with uniforms, the avatarClear will revert to the default team uniform, not their avatar outside the minigame. If you want players to be able to restore their original avatar, they will have to use avatarClear outside of the minigame
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:41:51 AM by Goth77 »

this may sound a bit naive, but doesn't this already exist

this may sound a bit naive, but doesn't this already exist
Not that I'm aware of. Swollow made the push/pop appearance events but they are broken and also do not save the avatar if the player leaves the server