We are one step closer to the "NWO" of the video games industry

Author Topic: We are one step closer to the "NWO" of the video games industry  (Read 1714 times)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:15:41 PM by Kochieboy »

this guy's intro sucks some serious stuff oh my god

j i m  s t e r l i n g

this guy's intro sucks some serious stuff oh my god

I know, Jim "Cuck and Suck" Stirling is probably the least likable person on this planet, but this is some enlightening stuff.

I don't want to judge by appearance but Jim Sterling's entire getup kills me on the inside. I don't want an angry obese chav telling me video games suck.

in the future, you will pay $60 for a game and then purchase $5.00 tokens to play for 30 minutes once the first free hour is used up.

http://www.scientificrevenue.com/

get that fat forget out of my face and instead look at this page

it's basically what he's talking about

I don't want to judge by appearance but Jim Sterling's entire getup kills me on the inside. I don't want an angry obese chav telling me video games suck.
You can just go to another tab anyway because everything on screen is either just some joke image, too zoomed out to read, or his face.

Jim Spergling deserves the noose.

Basically, companies are setting their microtransaction prices based on information gained from cookies from gaming apps. This is done individually and is based on things like location, past money spent, etc. This means that someone can end up spending more for the same microtransaction than someone else.

in other words, everyone's paying their fair share

I like how the pinned comment has reached the limit of 500 replies

I didn't even know there was a limit

I like how the pinned comment has reached the limit of 500 replies

I didn't even know there was a limit

I mean to be fair the top comment is arguably worse then the diarrhea Spergling spews.

Yeah, this is actually how its been for a very long time. Any kind of brown townytic software is designed to track user interaction, normally for iterative purposes but it's not uncommon for this to be used to manage micro-transactions.

I live by a fun rule: any game that introduces micro-transactions in an intrusive way is a product I immediately get rid of (or has a very high likely-hood of being rid of). It really isn't difficult to dodge ingame purchases with an ounce of restraint. I say let the dummies spend their money.

microtransactions in a f2p game are alright, better than having ads on your game and the developers gotta make that money
but if you have a game at full triple A price or any price with microtransactions, then there's a problem as it's extremely unlikely that anyone would want to pay more money after they just spent like £50 on the game itself