desktop just now started entering a BSoD start up loop

Author Topic: desktop just now started entering a BSoD start up loop  (Read 1988 times)

ive had my desktop at my friends house for some time now because ive been moving houses. its been off the majority of the time it was there, and when it was turned on it was used for music making. it was not doing this at my friends house

but now, here at the new house ive moved into, i just got my computer together and plugged up, i turned it on, logged in, and as soon as my desktop comes up the computer immediately bluescreens with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. it restarts, boots back up, i log in, it blue screens, and the process starts over again

i have installed nothing new or plugged in anything new since i got it plugged up again. system repair doesnt know whats wrong. i have no restore points to fall back on. everything i pull up on google about this is only for windows 7/xp. microsofts main website suggests everything ive already done

does anyone here know what might be causing this? or how to fix it? desktop cant even load my toolbar completely before it blue screens, so i cant even update/uninstall drivers that might be doing this

Possibly a forgeted HDD/cpu? Also maybe the process of moving could have forgeted things up a bit inside, not a high probability but it is possible.

. The 0x0000124 is a hardware error that indicates that your system has found an uncorrectable hardware error. It’s also known as WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

The most common cause is the CPU voltage being too low, but here are some other common causes for this error:

corrupt hardware: damaged hard disk, video card problem, RAM corruption, problems with the processor
driver compatibility issues (this especially happens for Windows 8.1 systems)
driver conflict
heat related problems, e.g. overclocking the system
a corrupt Windows registry
corrupt or removed Windows-specific system files

There might not be a problem with the CPU since im assuming you didnt have much trouble making music. My bet is that your harddrive got forgeted up when moving your computer between houses. This has happened to me but I cant remember if it was this exact error
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:14:21 PM by Khaz »

yeah i suspect possibly some part inside got damaged somehow while moving around, determining which part it is will be hard, though.
I don't recommend you try booting it up anymore as if the hdd is faulty, it can be damaged more trying to used it meaning that recovering data will be harder
do you have any other laptops/computers available, along with a blank disc or USB drive? you could try booting into something like hirens boot cd to perform checks to see which part is faulty (although this depends on if its even possible to boot into that in the first place!)

its a driver conflict, try uninstalling some drivers you might have recently installed or unplugging a new device you might have bought

Idk what a fix would be, but you can do some digging by getting a live USB of some lightweight linux distro and seeing how far you can get before you run into problems. Because Linux and Windows are built differently, hardware issues on one may not affect the other, so it could help. It helped me when my first laptop died.

its a driver conflict, try uninstalling some drivers you might have recently installed or unplugging a new device you might have bought
he isnt able to uninstall drivers

plug may have different voltage to your old place

make sure none of your power or sata cables are loose they might have gotten jiggled around while you were moving

make sure none of your power or sata cables are loose they might have gotten jiggled around while you were moving
this is also possible. make sure you check the cables and cords inside as that could be an easy fix

I suggest you enter safemode and schedule a chkdsk for the main drive on boot.

reseat your components?

reseat your components?
This.  If it stopped working when you moved, it's clearly a physical matter.
Even if it doesn't fix the problem, it helps to focus down on what it might be.

like people said, reseat all components and cables if it doesn't work try safemode by holding f8 during launch up

Sounds like a hard drive error to me. I used to have an issue similar to this. You're kind of in luck, as hard drives are super cheap, but you might have to sacrifice some data.

it would appear the cables were some part of the issue. after reseating the cables i was able to use my desktop for about 20 minutes before it bluescreen'd again. the second time it booted up, i could use it for maybe 30 minutes before it bluescreen'd again. now its bluescreening before it can load my toolbar again

could the cpu be the issue if it was faulty for some reason ?