Guns of Icarus Online free, Alliance -75% off... but wait, more discounts!

Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Online free, Alliance -75% off... but wait, more discounts!  (Read 822 times)

hey guys. you've probably seen the news: guns of icarus online is free in the humble bundle today. grab it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/guns-of-icarus-online

and i mean, that's cool and all, but that's only the start. online was their original game, and it was kind of "replaced" by guns of icarus alliance, which is overall the much better version of the game. however, since it's a separate game, some people (me included) never bothered to buy the new one, despite there being a -50% off discount applied to guns of icarus alliance by anyone who has the original game.

now, you might have also noticed that on steam, guns of icarus alliance (only collector's edition) is on sale for -75% off. naturally, you'd think that it would take over the -50% discount if you owned the original game, but...

the discount is ADDED ON to the current -75% off sale. this only applies to the collector's edition.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/608800/Guns_of_Icarus_Alliance/

anyway, grab that free game if you don't already have it and then, if you have some trading cards to sell or some extra store credit, pick up the collector's edition of the new one for as low as $0.22. :)

This bug has been fixed, and the ownership discount has been removed. The first game is still free on the Humble Bundle, but to upgrade, you must now pay a minimum of $3.74 or purchase the collector's edition for $7.72.

Guns of Icarus Online will remain free for 2 more days.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:58:11 PM by Remurr »

Cool stuff right here. Hopefully I can get some of my friends to play this with me.

EDIT: Looks like they fixed it already oh well I still got the first game for free.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:13:09 PM by Legodude77 »

The discount seems to be a Schrödinger's Discount. You can only see it by clicking on the link to the new game from the original game, the discount on the package seems to be in place and when you add it to your cart it says $0,22/€0,22. However Steam also tells you "the price of the item changed while you were adding it to cart" so when you click check-out you will later be prompted to deliver the missing cost of the intended price of the package, $7,72/€7,72.

In other words, no 22 cent game for you.

yep, looks like it was fixed. sorry!