Author Topic: What game should I get?  (Read 3448 times)

Recommend me some games, blf. I don't care what genre, as long as you think it's good and is on steam.

I have zero ideas on what to play, there's just so much out there. What's something you played recently that you thought was good?

astroneer
for honor
spec ops the line

i havent played it but ive heard magicite is really forgetin good

killing floor 2
TF2
skyrim (or ESO isn't terrible, if you want some kind of multiplayer)
realm of the mad god
age of empires 2

Earth Defence Force 4.1
Cuphead
A Hat in Time
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Killing Floor 1
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Serious Sam
F.E.A.R. 1 and its expansion packs

edit: if you don't mind old games check out the original Quake as well
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:11:48 PM by Brikichu »

these are both free
which is an added bonus
(he said get, not buy)

ye get a game you'll enjoy

blockland

heat signature
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Serious Sam
F.E.A.R. 1 and its expansion packs

edit: if you don't mind old games check out the original Quake as well
Insurgency(and/or Day Of Infamy)
Lethal League, if you have a controller / think you'd enjoy versus-style fighting games
Path Of Exile(free)
Knights Of The Old Republic
Jedi Academy
Classic Battlefront 2
System Shock 2
Torchlight II
Thief Gold (and its sequels, if you like it, though you should avoid the modern remake IMO)
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy(notoriously unfinished and poorly translated from French)

Keyboard/Mouse games (some have compatibility for controller but why):
Age of Wonders 3 (If you have friends to play with. The story is kind of meh, and playing by yourself against AI can get pretty stale. Recommended that you turn auto-battles off except between AI. Play your battles, it's so much more fun and rewarding)
Chroma Squad
Gigantic (would play it more if it wasn't such a team reliant game. hate doing well and still having a landslide defeat, or barely trying and having a landslide victory. still good though.)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
serious sam 2 sucks
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Styx: Master of Shadows
Terraria

Some games that are fine with either keyboard/mouse or controller, or even a steam controller:
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Rogue Legacy
Salt and Sanctuary

Some games that are highly recommended that you use a controller for:
Beat Hazard
Spacecats with Lasers : The Outerspace
Thumper (Just as good with a steam controller)

A game that's poorly ported and is practically impossible to play with Keyboard/mouse/Steam controller almost entirely due to how the controls work:
NieR:Automata

Lethal League, if you have a controller / think you'd enjoy versus-style fighting games
I loved this game even though I was pretty bad at it. Not the absolute worst, there were several nobodies in the QM that I could trash. But out of all the known players, I was pretty far down on the list. It became a thing for the tourney chat to wonder if I was going to get a single win. I was the only person who would consistently enter and lose, every single time. Except that one time I won a round against some new guy.

rotmg is trash because of the mtx