Do you wipe sitting down, or standing up?

Author Topic: Do you wipe sitting down, or standing up?  (Read 2524 times)

DISCLAIMER: This is a very controversial subject, especially in 2017. Do you wipe sitting down, or wipe standing up? There are many pro's and cons towards each path, but I'll let YOU decide the pros and cons yourselves. I will provide some examples of sitters and standers below. Keep in mind this is an open-minded, non-biased (its actually very biased) debate. Please be formal and kind to everyones opinions.

STANDERS:

Mike #1:
Standing while wiping is the only way to go. One hand (my left) pulls my buttcheek to the side while the other cleans the affected area. It's flawless... I think if I wiped while sitting, I'd end up with poop all over my arm.
Manton:
I'm a 23-year-old male who not only stands to wipe, but has never even contemplated any other form of wiping. I had no idea there was any other way until I went to college and people would see me stand-up over the top of the stall (I'm 6'4", the stall was roughly 5'10") and confused everyone. Apparently it's a New Jersey thing, as I did an impromptu dorm floor census (of both lovees), and everyone from Jersey wiped standing up.

Mike #2:
One positive has come from standing to wipe. Early in our dating years, my wife walked in on me (as girlfriends tend to do, goddammit) whilst in mid-wipe. I'll never forget that face. It was a terrible moment for both of us, but one of the best moments of our relationship as far as I'm concerned. She has never once, in the eight years since, come anywhere close to the bathroom while I'm taking a stuff. Peaceful every single time.

SITTERS:

Sam:
I used to stand to wipe my ass. The thought of putting my hand down the toilet bowl revolted me. It wasn't until I went to college that it dawned on me that standing up did not allow me to get every last piece of poop on my cheeks. I always wondered why my ass would be itchy about an hour later. I don't know what the actual catalyst was, but once I started to stay sitting to wipe, I began to have a dryer ass and fewer stuff stains in the boxers. I have not looked back.
Shawn:
So I used be a stander, it never occurred to me to sit while I wipe I was just easier to stand. However ,I say used to be a stander because I have since converted to sitting. A few years back I got a new job and at the company I worked for the gaps between the stall doors and walls was exceptionally wide, thus while standing to wipe I was basically showing dong for anyone walking by. I went to wiping sitting down. Now I am a sitter even when I am at home, I find I get better star fish coverage and it also helps with dingleberries. So there you have it the tale of a stander turned sitter.
Chris:
I am 24 years old and, until today, had always wiped while standing. Then I had a nice leisurely post-lunch trip to the stuffter at work, stayed on the john to wipe, and it was one of the most eye-opening experiences of my lifetime.

FACTS:
  • It's a 50/50 split of sitters and standers. (However, some studies to show a 60% sitter 40% stander)
  • Some people do both!

WHAT DOES BLF DO?

STANDING
-Ayxrion
-Plornt
-Liniss
-Lamebro1
-Pie Crust
-Failbros
-Drydess
-Foxscotch
-Trogtor

SITTING
NOTE: Squatting counts as sitting.
-Machetian
-Hank
-Fireboy
-Darryl McKoy
-HellHound
-Nonnel
-carolcat
-mod-man
-Ayebee123
-Refticus
-Insert Name Here²

BOTH
-Ceist

Want to be added to the list? Post in the topic and you will be added.

Sources: https://deadspin.com/5424415/sitters-vs-standers--the-great-wipe-hope / https://www.buzzfeed.com/shanemadej/men-debate-whether-you-should-sit-or-stand-when-you-wipe-you?utm_term=.spNWWRyjZ0#.fnXmmjb4e6
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:15:59 PM by Ayxrion »

Clearly sitting down because I'm not handicapped

why are all of the sitter interviewees former standers

i sit down. it's my god-given right. i've been a sitter all my life and i'm never going to change that.

Standing up
Bidet when available
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:56:00 AM by Pastrey Crust »

also i'm going to have to shut down this thread. this is great debate territory you're on.

ALSO look at this:

both. i stand if the toilet is small, and sit if the toilet is large enough.

people stand to wipe their ass..? what the forget

i always sit

honestly don't know how you could sit down and wipe, like logistically speaking it seems impractical