what

OBS
12 (33.3%)
Shadowplay
4 (11.1%)
Unregistered Hypercam 2
20 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: OBS or Shadowplay?  (Read 2391 times)

A lot of my friends are recommending me to use OBS instead of Shadowplay. Should I?

they're both free software that are pretty easy to set up. why don't you just do a quick test on what works better for you?

I'd recommend ShadowPlay while you get comfortable recording good content, then make the switch over to OBS. ShadowPlay is easier but you trade out functionality and stability in some cases.

shadowplay isnt working for me right now but from my experience its easier to use

OBS, shadowplay is too basic and is really unreliable with how your footage comes out

it's been broken on and off for months. nvidia needs to get their stuff together because i need to capture those sick Gamer Moments.

i like both of them, mostly because if i don't have obs running or forget to use it i can still record the last minute of stuff with shadowplay

but obs for everything else

I personally use OBS for streaming and Shadowplay for capturing little cool moments

shadowplay was easy to set up and record, but ever since it stopped working for me too i've switched to OBS full time. lot more stuff you can do

i use shadowplay mostly because it's convenient, tho for a more serious stream or recording i'd probably use OBS