1 (1.8%)
Meh
1 (1.8%)
Naw
6 (10.5%)
Hell no
34 (59.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Just found a Hard Drive buried in my backyard  (Read 8374 times)

Anyways im probably going to unscrew the drive tommorow as it looks as if the data might have been ruined.
Why? That ensures that it is destroyed. HDDs are irreparably destroyed when you unscrew them.

are you actually handicapped
honestly you're kinda dumb if you think it would work in the first place lmao

Why? That ensures that it is destroyed. HDDs are irreparably destroyed when you unscrew them.
why?
as long as you don't scratch the platters or damage the other bits, you should be fine

why?
as long as you don't scratch the platters or damage the other bits, you should be fine
dust

why?
phflack please are you joking

magnetic hard drive disks are extremely sensitive to any physical matter touching them

one particulate of dust landing on a hard drive (no matter how small the dust particle) could easily destroy huge sectors of data

why?
The reason you build hard disks in clean rooms is because the disk material is flawless. As soon as you open it to the outside world, tiny particulates of metals and dust flood in and coat the disk and it becomes unreadable.

Open it and play with glue once you tried to read the data and it's confirmed dead.

Its likely it is dead because there was openings in the case and the case was damaged.
And gr8dayseths brother living in it aka the plant

now lock the thread
Im not locking it because im going to go tomorrow and dig up the area where i found it and see if anything else lurks beneath the surface

who the forget's property are you using to dig this up
how do we know this is your backyard
is there a reason you dug it up in the first place? did you parents approve?

Why would you unscrew it? Pastery didn't literally mean see what's inside, he meant what is stored on it, dingus.
Its likely it is dead because there was openings in the case and the case was damaged.
Still worth giving it a try.

Why would you unscrew it? Pastery didn't literally mean see what's inside, he meant what is stored on it, dingus.Still worth giving it a try.
I might hold onto it untill i can get into it

phflack please are you joking

magnetic hard drive disks are extremely sensitive to any physical matter touching them

one particulate of dust landing on a hard drive (no matter how small the dust particle) could easily destroy huge sectors of data
that would count as scratching it lol
damaging the surface of a platter is bad

that would count as scratching it lol
damaging the surface of a platter is bad
we're not talking about your dvd copy of the tigger movie here man, HDD disks are far far more sensitive to damage than that

The reason you build hard disks in clean rooms is because the disk material is flawless. As soon as you open it to the outside world, tiny particulates of metals and dust flood in and coat the disk and it becomes unreadable.