Author Topic: What Makes a Good (and Bad) Prison Escape?  (Read 3830 times)

tbh more prison escapes like conan's would be good where it's just a glorified tdm with the prisoners causing a riot and the guards have to stop it

Seeing the map again, I actually remember playing it now. Here's the link for anyone who's curious.
thanks ;)

i didnt make the gamemode but i did make the build

tbh more prison escapes like conan's would be good where it's just a glorified tdm with the prisoners causing a riot and the guards have to stop it
ive been thinking of some sort of map thats more vorkuta style since some people were asking for something like that. i'd need someone to build it for me though since i suck ass at building and also i got some stuff on my plate atm

Servers just need to be correctly labeled between "Jail RP" and "Jail Escape." Crown's would be an example of a "Jail RP" with things like simon says, various minigames around the map, etc. Escaping is still a possibility because that's part of the RP, but isn't the main focus every round. "Jail Escape" servers would be more towards a TDM where the rioting is already in effect at the beginning of each round. These would be similar to I think Pload's (whoever had the one with the four towers and prisoners starting on the inside trying to pick walls to get out). If you can integrate the escape portion into your jail RP, then great! If not, then either keep to mainly RP or turn it into a TDM. 

What building features should a prison build have? Looking at prison layouts online, I gather
  • Cell Block
  • Guards' Quarters (with Armory)
  • Front Gate
  • Canteen and Kitchen
  • Recreation Yard
  • Study
  • Hospital
  • Warden's Residence
  • Solitary Confinement
  • Administrative Offices
  • Storage
  • Visiting Room

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Which of these implements do you feel is good for a PE? Should they all be included to some extent, or should prison layouts be trimmed down for better playability?