Brick Migration

Author Topic: Brick Migration  (Read 1437 times)

How about an addon that allows you to set an area where you want some bricks to go and they slowly move there? This would be helpful for MERP and stuff.

Would cause a lot of ghosting. Otherwise I would use the duplicator.

Would cause a lot of ghosting. Otherwise I would use the duplicator.
I think you should use the duplicator for MERPS.
plus, this would be possible through events, but you have to be more specific if you want someone to make it for you.

Doing it for a brick would be a bad idea, but a bot? With a command like /gotobrick (brickname) and it goes there within any timer set?
That'd be useful for dms or MERPs imo
movies too

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:28:23 PM by soldier101@ »

That would be a lot of work for the user. Why not make an event that creates a box like the dup and move whatever is in it to another location?

OnActivate>Named Brick> MigrateSelfTo
Wouldn’t something like this create some sort of overlapping error?

Yes which could cause problems

An event would be the worst way to go about this.

Yes. I want it more like

That would be a lot of work for the user. Why not make an event that creates a box like the dup and move whatever is in it to another location?

It would be ok if there was no overlapping issue.
Yes, I didn't think about this.
That would be neat.
Ill see what I can do.

That's not even the biggest problem. Events aren't intended to move or delete bricks. Badspot has failbinned some of these add ons in the past.

No like, the guy wants an add-on that can dynamically 'migrate' bricks at will. More specifically for MERP.
If you had to event every single brick every single time you wanted to do this, it would be a nightmare for the user.
A tool would be better.

what if you just built your thing on a little plate and then clicked the plate to push the plate and everything built on it around

what if you just built your thing on a little plate and then clicked the plate to push the plate and everything built on it around
That would be a neat idea.