you should try firefox 57 (quantum) -- it's Faster

Author Topic: you should try firefox 57 (quantum) -- it's Faster  (Read 6665 times)

IT UPDATED IT FOR ME AND ITS UGLY WHY DID THEY KEEP MICROSOFT EDGE TABS

AND THE NEW TAB PAGE IS BASICALLY JUST MICROSOFT EDGE'S NEW TAB

ITS TOO SMOOTH FOR A BROWSER

edit: when i tried to downgrade it still has the ugly tabs
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:32:03 AM by craftersshaft »

AND THE NEW TAB PAGE IS BASICALLY JUST MICROSOFT EDGE'S NEW TAB
Hit the cog in the top-right corner of the new tab page, you can switch off basically everything and have a blank new tab page.

Also the sharp corner tabs are just to keep the look more in line with window's general appearance. I think themes can customize that look to an extent.

You can disable smooth scrolling in the settings too if you dislike it, you mongrel.

Hit the cog in the top-right corner of the new tab page, you can switch off basically everything and have a blank new tab page.

You can disable smooth scrolling in the settings too if you dislike it, you mongrel.

I was trying to get it more like old firefox, and i found a way for that with new tab.

Also, i mean smooth as in the design of the new firefox.

Round corners are ugly anyway, how 2000’s....

barely rounded corners are the best. just a TINY curve on the corner..... yes please

Oh my, is it truly back?
Finally, the best browser for Vim bindings is back in business.
Firefox used to be my favorite browser, but Chromium was just faster.
Now I've got no reason to use this static garbage, because Firefox is good again and it has CSS customization.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:52:38 PM by /dev/sr0 »

there's something off about it. i dunno. i'm back on chrome.

there's something off about it. i dunno. i'm back on chrome.
Isn't there something way more "off" about Chrome?

no?
Not opening that can of worms here.

OT: Holy stuff they broke Pentadactyl and Vimperator. forget. Using one of those was the entire reason I wanted to switch back.
The newer alternatives seem to be Tridactyl and Vim Vixen. I guess I'll mess around with those.

they broke noscript because it got flagged as a 'legacy addon' without saying anything

really freaked me out because it was causing extremely high CPU usage on reddit because of the buttload of domains ads redirect to

At least RES and Greasemonkey still work. This situation is not entirely forgeted.

Haven't tried the desktop version, but the Android version is a HUGE improvement over what it used to be like. I haven't done any benchmarks yet, but so far it feels on par with Chrome, plus unlike Chrome it actually has add-on support.

Haven't tried the desktop version, but the Android version is a HUGE improvement over what it used to be like. I haven't done any benchmarks yet, but so far it feels on par with Chrome, plus unlike Chrome it actually has add-on support.
Oh wow, the Android version is fixed too? Is it my birthday?

they broke noscript because it got flagged as a 'legacy addon' without saying anything
They didn't 'flag' it as legacy- it is legacy. It needs to be rewritten using the new webextensions format, which they reported are doing and it should be back eventually.