Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$

Author Topic: Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$  (Read 33656 times)

I used to be big on the idea of crypto currencies for the sake that you could theoretically profit off of the false speculations of others. However, I'm not too sure that any of the other forms of cryptocurrency outside of Bitcoins really have any shot at success, so there's hardly much use or value in trading between them in my mind. Even then, Bitcoins really only ever seemed useful if you had some reasons for wanting to stay anonymous (such as buying illegal stuff online), so most people don't have any good reason to have Bitcoins.

I'm here to tell you that you've got no idea what you're talking about.

Firstly, bitcoin has a next to zero chance at long-term success (10 years). So, you're wrong about that. In bitcoins current state, as a biproduct of being victim to a zero-sum game, its only tangible use is as a store of value. This is akin to precious metals, such as gold. This works because it is non-inflationary, as I am sure you are aware. However, it is not at all scalable for mainstream usage by any stretch of the imagination. Blocksizes of 1mb are an absolute joke, and the ridiculous transaction fees and times will be the death of bitcoin in short order.

Hard forked coins such as BCH (Bitcoin Cash) are also a joke, and will only bring on the death of bitcoin sooner as they only highlight in more detail how toxic the volatility and internal politics of bitcoin are for the wider cryptosphere. An 8mb blocksize is not good enough, despite what Jihan Wu and Roger Verr with their stuffty mining pool manipulation will tell you. In order to actually scale for what I predict real-terms future blockchain valuation will be you would need something closer to 1GB blocksize. This is just a hilarious prospect as the current blockchain is already a good few hundred GB, and turning each individual block into 1GB would just be a stuff show like never before.

Also, people use bitcoin to stay anonymous? What kind of people are these? are they like you? as in, do they know literally nothing about bitcoin? the entire ledger is public. what are you talking about. people use xmr for anonymity, not btc. the only reason btc is used to purchase things like drugs on dark-net marketplaces is because it's kinda difficult to prove that you made that transaction explicitly for drugs. but that's only because you're (hopefully) using something like tails and pgp, not loving bitcoin lmao. the fbi can still easily find out who you are, all they need is 30 minutes of time.

Short- and mid-term speculation on bitcoin is still a solid investment strategy however. I just wanted to point out that 'other forms of cryptocurrency outside of bitcoins really have no shot at success' is a ludicrous and entirely wrong assertion to make. Also, 'bitcoins' ... lol.

Blockchain is a fantastic technology and, in the future when use-cases are fully realised, will be worth billions to possibly trillions. Supplychain cryptocurrencies are already proving themselves with solid conceptualised use-cases such as Vechain, Waltonchain and Modum. I recommend you take a look at these, they'll make you money. In fact, Vechain isn't even a 'conceptualised use-case', it's got a working product which combats directly industry counterfeiting. Already huge industry giants are hopping onboard with these comparably tiny start-ups. Why? Because the technology is loving brilliant. I'm also talking about companies such as Renault, Givenchy and IBM: multi-billion giants that do not forget around.

Companies like Amazon will never make use of IoT blockchains admittedly. This is due to their sheer size and sufficient capital to develop their own internal supplychains with their own warehouses, shipping and servers. Most companies simply lack this capability, and purchasing mainnet tokens on (for example) WTC and using these to generate a subchain will provide these companies with a relatively inexpensive supplychain infrastructure immediately. These distributed networks are also entirely trustless and without single points of failure; the incentive for businesses to use these things is massive simply due to the fact that they're a no-brainer, enabled by the technological genius.

I've only touched on one potential use for blockchain (IoT) in this post. There are dozens more, if not hundreds (how should i know?).

I don't know how I came across this post; I'm half-way through a bottle of whiskey.. congratulations you managed to trigger me to the extent where I had to log in to this kiddy forum to post for the first time in years.

anyway, heed some of my advice and buy some of these stuff-coins. try vechain for a start, they're doing pretty good. im balls deep right now. you can buy it on binance.

now where did i put that whiskey...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:01:58 PM by Isolation »

so uh why should we believe you? are you just stating your speculation?

I have around 1k in crypto

mainly eth

My boss is actually the co-founder of ethereum so I guess I'm a shill but I blockchain dev work is 10/10

It's not speculation it's fact.

He disregarded bitcoin as just a currency (which it is in it's current state) but the entire point of it is blockchain technology

Blockchain is a hugely disruptive tech, which has SO many applications it's insane. It's like if someone reinvented the internet and he just dismisses it as "Who wants to go online and look at cat pictures anyways" when there is 9999 other applications of the technology.

It's not about the money, it's about the potential, which is HUGE at the moment and anyone who dismisses crypto as a fad is full of hot air
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:56:39 AM by Aide33 »

?? what did he mean by this

if you do not understand blockchain i will explain it to you in easier terms for you to understand. otherwise, dont reply to me. there is no 'believing' me, there is 'believing' the facts. over the weekend bitcoin had 1,000,000 transactions piled up whilst the chinese were spamming the network with micro-transactions: the entire network slowed to a standstill. bitcoin as a profitable venture has a finite lifetime. this is just a fact, the technology is simply - again - unscalable.

there's also an exploit where you can mine empty or near-empty blocks, defeating the entire concept of bitcoin (blockchain) as a payment system. the game theory that ties it all together is blown out in this case. antpool (up to a week ago the largest mining pool by hash power) are exploiting this. it's been known since april of this year, but normies only really caught on until recently with the whole bch pumping fiasco (they actually surpassed btc 24h vol).

(big wew moment incoming, but anyway) i understand that you don't get many posters like me that actually know what they're talking about because you probably only frequent public message boards, but try and listen. what im saying is true, even if im an starfish

:)

sounds like bitcoin sucks only because its old tech that didnt age well. not that it wasnt a good idea in its day.

yup, you got it.

satoshi solving the double-spending crCIA & byz. general problem will always be a good thing. btc was revolutionary for its time.

but that was 09, its now 17. time moves quick.

crypto in itself sounds like a very bad investment to me. i don't know why, but it just seems like a bad idea.

ethereum is aids and is practically being handled by children

i understand that you don't get many posters like me that actually know what they're talking about

crypto in itself sounds like a very bad investment to me. i don't know why, but it just seems like a bad idea.

all investment is the same. you put it, you watch it carefully, you get out before you take a loss.
applies to everything. stocks, home ownership, cryptocoin, world of warcraft gold.

or you can use a bank savings account. in 40 years you have a nice base amount to finally earn off of, but you cant use it to live on, since killing the base amount would ruin the interest you earned. but at least you kept up with inflation.

or you can use a bank savings account. in 40 years you have a nice base amount to finally earn off of, but you cant use it to live on, since killing the base amount would ruin the interest you earned. but at least you kept up with inflation.

how do you keep up with inflation exactly? the interest compounds very slowly, probably quarterly for most people. in 40 years, however, most interest you've compounded will be worth less than it was today; the 50k or whatever in interest you have will be worth less in 40 years.

idk if this makes sense but i'm not good at explaining stuff

yup, you got it.

satoshi solving the double-spending crCIA & byz. general problem will always be a good thing. btc was revolutionary for its time.

but that was 09, its now 17. time moves quick.
this is why you need scalability and privacy

there are people solving this ex: the raiden network for ethereum

Bitcoin is not a good investment right now because of the issues highlighted by Isolation

Ethereum on the other hand is the best bang for your buck now just because of the sheer potential of decentralised smart contracts
if you don't know anything about the tech, you have no reason to spread this garbage uninformed opinion
ethereum is aids and is practically being handled by children
>bitcoin hardfork cancelled by 6, COUNT THEM, 6 people
>ethereum handles double the transaction rate with sub-minute transaction confirmations and huge volume
>bitcoin transaction price is 20$ vs a couple cents on eth
>stable dev community and huge dApp developer network

what? i cant hear you over the bitcoin and bch nerds fighting over a dead protocol.

mark my word, unless BTC can fix their community and scalability issues, ETH is going to be the one to make it

EOS is where it's at, believe it

EOS is where it's at, believe it
EOS is basically ethereum if I understand correctly lol

smart contracts are the natural evolution of crypto, that's whats important

it's not just money guys

EDIT: I'm reading the whitepaper right now, it seems cool, but they are making huge promises about their platform and have a very small dev community so I'm still a bit skeptic but it looks cool.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:08:36 PM by Aide33 »

EOS is basically ethereum if I understand correctly lol

smart contracts are the natural evolution of crypto, that's whats important

it's not just money guys

It's superior to ethereum, ethereum is a slow and expensive blockchain. You pay for every operation executed on the smart contracts. EOS will support 100.000-1.000.000 transactions per second, as apposed to ethereum's 15 or something. Also in EOS you won't need to pay to use a service or execute code. You put in a stake of your tokens to get access to a portion of the resources. You can have entire applications running on EOS that are indistinguishable from traditional centralized applications.
The lead developer of EOS, Daniel Larimer was also responsible for BitShares and Steemit, Steemit works similarly to how EOS applications and their blockchains will work. (Steemit is a social network running on blockchain technology that pays its users to use it.)

You could run the entire Ethereum network on a single EOS contract if you wanted to..
To me, this is the future of blockchain.