Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$

Author Topic: Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$  (Read 33647 times)

What? It's faster than bitcoin & the fee's are so much lower than say bitcoin. How is there nothing special about it?

& even gamble wise; litecoin has been the most profitable in the past month. It's up 82% while ethereum is only up 59%?
It was based off the exact same codebase as bitcoin with the except of a few tweaked values, basically. It's fast right now only because it hasn't hit the 1MB block limit yet, it'll have the exact same issues as bitcoin once enough people are using it.

What? It's faster than bitcoin & the fee's are so much lower than say bitcoin. How is there nothing special about it?

& even gamble wise; litecoin has been the most profitable in the past month. It's up 82% while ethereum is only up 59%?
>no scalability
>trash devs

mmmmmmk

ethereums got a stable dev community and is highly under valued for something so significant, I suggest you read up on eth and whats behind it

litecoin has good gains sure, but it's riding a bitcoin wave. ethereum will make it in the long run purely because it's bitcoin level technology disruption. smart contracts running on a blockchain is VERY significant, I suggest at least a bit of your long term portfolio should be dedicated to it instead of short term pumps
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:00:32 AM by Aide33 »

I feel like such a handicap for not mining bitcoins with my 7950 back in 2013
Honestly, you shouldn't. Pretty early on, it got to the point where non-ASIC miners weren't producing coins worth the electricity and hardware they were mined on.

Now, in hindsight, it would have been worth it if you were to hold onto them until they blew up to $12k, but that's very unlikely in itself.

It's not hard to 'almost be a millionaire' in hindsight. If a hooded figure handed you a spreadsheet detailing exactly how just the Dow 30 will change throughout the next trading day, you could take whatever money is in your bank account, get it leveraged as much as possible, and then become a billionaire by tomorrow by making only the maximally effective trades calculated using a computer.

so is ethereum the best cryptocurrency to invest in right now?

i dropped $25 into bitcoin at @ $11,114.32 per BTC,
$30 into etherium @ $474.36 per ETH
and $30 into litecoin at @ $101.40 per LTC

i hope i didnt throw my money away. im pissed i didnt invest in bitcoin a year ago.

i dropped $25 into bitcoin at @ $11,114.32 per BTC,
$30 into etherium @ $474.36 per ETH
and $30 into litecoin at @ $101.40 per LTC

i hope i didnt throw my money away. im pissed i didnt invest in bitcoin a year ago.
you got in at all the all time highs lol

well all of them are up a few % from there so i guess its working so far

I feel like such a handicap for not mining bitcoins with my 7950 back in 2013

omg my first major purchase from a new job then, was a 7950gx2

that was the first 1g gpu lol when others pushed 700mb

i was still using my 5830 i bought for mining up until july lol

it ran every game i had on at least minimum with decent fps

Is mining with a Radeon 7950 still readable?

How are we supposed to know how the market is supposed to go? If we did, we'd all be millionaires.

Don't invest money you aren't willing to entirely lose.

I’ve thought about trying out mining, since I have a crossfire setup but decided not to since I probably won’t make anything

I’ve thought about trying out mining, since I have a crossfire setup but decided not to since I probably won’t make anything
Do not go into mining directly. Use something like Nicehash. I do it and I get ~3$ per day with my 1070

Do not go into mining directly. Use something like Nicehash. I do it and I get ~3$ per day with my 1070
ok then how do i start out in the cryptocurrency world

does your rig determine your profits in nicehash? friend is currently unemployed and he has a beast rig so might suggest it to him.