Author Topic: Pecon's Technic Fortwars - Rules updated  (Read 6489 times)

What's stopping people from walling off generators and factories? Can you destroy any brick with explosives?

you stole my idea
Neat! I'll probably play this.

What's stopping people from walling off generators and factories? Can you destroy any brick with explosives?
any weapon, in fact. bricks are pretty tanky though, and respawn over time. however to repair broken generators you need to be able to repair wrench them so building full barricades around with no access can get annoying to repair

Back online, should be up for the rest of the weekend at least. I'm looking for suggestions on additional unique weapons/items to add. I'm not really interested in weapon packs since they're all kinda weird and SWeps kinda hits all the important ones anyways.

Also, I'll write some more of the guide today too.

nerf revolver its the best sniper

We are trying to add a gate and have the required energy, however it always says we need 80 more energy. None of the admins seem to know why its not working.

nerf maverick as a default wepon
now

got spawnkilled after i went 5 seconds into combat mode 10/10 would play sniper wars but its fort wars again

The sniper was supposed to cost 188, I don't know how the prices got all screwed up. Fixed now.

We are trying to add a gate and have the required energy, however it always says we need 80 more energy. None of the admins seem to know why its not working.
Was it multiple bricks? Chances are that was the cost per each.

Went ahead and updated the OP with the server rules and some explanations on brick damage and teaming, I'll add more to it if I think of any more.

I've also done some balance changes after watching the server play with everything.
 - Most of the weapons don't have infinite range anymore.
 - Pistol does a bit more damage now to slightly better compete with higher tiers.
 - The automatic weapons had their damage and projectile speed toned down a bit.
 - SMG does a little bit more damage now to make it usable.
 - The revolver now has a very slow projectile with dropoff to make it less of a Deagle.
 - Pills cost a little bit less
 - Bumped the sniper's price up AGAIN to make it harder to get.
 - Reduced the general armor values of most generators and the basic factory so most weapons can destroy them. Diesel generator is still immune to pretty much everything except explosives.

Additionally, to address issues with some players screwing up near the beginning and being left with no tech points; you can now clear all your bricks and rejoin to be set to the starting 15 tech points again.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:38:56 AM by Pecon »

So I hid my tech bricks in modter and made sure that they we reachable, which I looked in rules and is not against. I even got raided, but I got banned without warning, and they said it is unreachable. I then went on with an alt to ask about it, and when I showed Pecon it was reachable, she just banned me again. I mean, I can see how you wouldn't want me to do that, but if it isn't even in the rules, you should've at least told me about it and I would've been fine with removing the modter.

So I hid my tech bricks in modter and made sure that they we reachable, which I looked in rules and is not against. I even got raided, but I got banned without warning, and they said it is unreachable. I then went on with an alt to ask about it, and when I showed Pecon it was reachable, she just banned me again. I mean, I can see how you wouldn't want me to do that, but if it isn't even in the rules, you should've at least told me about it and I would've been fine with removing the modter.
Read the entirety of rule 2. It'd definitely in the spirit of that rule. First, you made an area blended with the terrain and hid generators inside it. Second, you made that terrain teleport anyone that touched it up into the sky where they fell to their death (using a floating brick, also pretty stuffty). It doesn't matter that you had raycasting off, nobody was gonna be able to tell there were generators in there to begin with. It's basically the definition of scummy design.

The reason I banned you is because I am 100% certain you knew it was scummy and did it anyways. I don't buy your defense.

tbh probably should disable modter from player usage entirely. maybe put in a script to remove the UI names of all the modter after the server is done loading and the uinametable has been created

Ghost made a script that prevents building inside modter IIRC

Read the entirety of rule 2, talks about making floating and unreachable bases, neither of which I did. Also, you say that no one would be able to find it when they did, as I said before, I have been raided.