Post games only you have played/games noone has ever talked about

Author Topic: Post games only you have played/games noone has ever talked about  (Read 36202 times)

i love this thread btw
stuff i had both games for the ps2. all i played as a kid were this and the rct games.
that fighter pilot minigame was my absolute favorite

oh also does anyone remember UB funkeys

WRONG i have forgetin both this and eggbert 2
well then that still means only the two of us have played it you little goose

but for real though speedy eggbert was my jam as a kid the level editor alone was godlike and a lot of fun.

Wish I could remember some of the awesome flash ones from Bonus.

Frogger The Great Quest is konamis magnum opus
never reply to my posts ever atgain

Wish I could remember some of the awesome flash ones from Bonus.
Battle Field. Which was that one persistent world tank game.
If you weren't playing that when Bonus was alive then idk who you even are.

I don't remember playing that one it was like a top down thing but almost like sidescrolling style graphics if that makes sense you collected stars I think and could push I think haybales around to make bridges over pits and block dangers

I don't remember playing that one it was like a top down thing but almost like sidescrolling style graphics if that makes sense you collected stars I think and could push I think haybales around to make bridges over pits and block dangers
You missed out, really bad.
Because the tank game was really really cool. If it were still alive and even as active as it were before, I'd probably play it again.
Someone tried to remake it but idk. I don't even wanna try it. It wouldn't be the same.

Man Bonus was seriously the stuff so many fun games
I never really could get back into flash games after it died

Although I found one of the games from there about a squirrel called Nobby Nusk or something lol

Basically to sum the tank game up...

Each server had... 4 teams? I think?
And when first joining a server, you can pick any team you want, but you can't switch for a while. I forget how exactly that worked.
And the servers were persistent. Meaning anything the players did to it would be permanent.

So for gameplay. You had your armor and fuel. Pretty sure if either of these went empty, you died.
Then the things you could do were... Move, scan, pick up items, and pick up blocks (not on top of the tank, but dragging/pushing it around as you moved). And normal shots of course.
All of those actions (except picking up items) costed fuel. You could turn into a boat to go across water but I forget the restrictions on that. Maybe it costs more fuel and you can't shoot? I don't remember. But it was mandatory so that you could drag and push blocks to make bridges. If you push a block into water, it becomes traversable. Where blocks on land were obstacles. There were natural unmovable obstacles as well.
Scanning would reveal hidden items and enemies behind cover I think.

Then the items you could pick up offered different types of shots. Like a more powerful one, or a longer range shot. As well as a very large scan, which would scan your whole screen. I think there was a refuel and repair item as well.

You leveled up but I don't quite remember if that did anything.

As for an objective... There wasn't really one. People would usually just try and control the center of the map, pushing all the blocks a certain way to make it impenetrable without dealing with tons of resistance. Was always neat to see a new team controlling it each day. The people who were usually on when I played were really good at taking it. We co-ordinated our attack very well.