Author Topic: [Video]Space Engineers: Major Physics Overhaul  (Read 1290 times)

Would've just bumped the thread but it's too old.
For everyone who was ever interested in this game. HOLY stuff.

Has the speed cap been lifted?

i had a problem where my ship which has two landing gear that retract with rovers would make my ship explode if i landed them both on terrain. unfortunately it still does but the result is different. instead of completely exploding it spazzes out and the ship gets separated from the landing gear

Has the speed cap been lifted?

you can remove it by mods but i'm not sure if you still phase through some objects or just don't take damage on higher than vanilla speed colisions

i'm not sure if you still phase through some objects or just don't take damage on higher than vanilla speed colisions

Yeah that's what I'm mostly concerned with, it would be nice if they could fix that and raise the default speed cap. I'll have to look over the changelog when I'm not busy because that would probably pull me back into the game

too bad the engine is still pretty garbage. lots of sim time problems with planets in multiplayer in my experience

Speed cap is still the same.
I haven't been able to test a modded speed cap yet because the game runs very badly on the pc that I play it on (the pc has a good gfx card but a terrible cpu).

I've read their huge blog post about the update, and it does look like the game should handle high-speeds much better now (better collision checks, for one thing). Not sure why they haven't increased the speed the cap as a result. I could be just because that's the proven stable speed, but I'm a little afraid it's because the game still can't handle high speeds well.

too bad the engine is still pretty garbage. lots of sim time problems with planets in multiplayer in my experience

Same, the engine is still incredibly unoptimized, especially on multiplayer.