Author Topic: is there enough interest for an Escape From Tarkov megathread?  (Read 1583 times)

i had a whole remake of mcjobs destiny megathread done to fit tarkov cus I'm too lazy to make my own but if theres not enough interest here for this game i'll just scrap it, if theres enough i'll replace this OP with the megathread tomorrow

does anyone already have the game? is anyone interested in it? heres a screencap of the About section for those who have no loving clue what im going on about

I think a megathread would be good for sharing tactics, gun builds, stashes and loot locations if enough people want to discuss the game

I played a lot of hardcore mods for STALKER: CoP, so this game caught my interest, but I'm wondering: Is there any compelling singleplayer element to this game? Can you even play offline? It's kinda hard to extrapolate information on this game

theres an offline mode where you can play against the usual NPC spawns but you don't get to keep anything you find in that raid. on the plus side you don't lose anything if you die to an npc

ive been playing solo since I got the game about three weeks ago, im having fun but a squad would definitely make it easier. still need an internet connection, everything is in a match, you play against other people and whatever npc's spawn

I had this in the megathread but I should note if you're worried about losing gear to other players, theres an option to spawn in place of an NPC (the scavs). you can only spawn as a scav every 40 or so minutes from when you use up your scav spawn. you spawn with random "starting" gear and anything you get when playing you can keep when you reach the end. death as a scav doesn't affect your main save. its a kind of safety net for those who run out of gear or want to play without losing their 400k custom sniper rifles
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:49:39 AM by SteveJenkins »

I have the game, EOD edition

waiting for that open beta

waiting for that open beta
what does this mean, you pay for the game, and you get it
there is no closed or open beta

i want this but the developers are kind of shady unfortunately (something about you're preordering the game and not buying it so no refunds), so i'm waiting for development to finish before I look over it
gameplay looks fun af tho

i want this but the developers are kind of shady unfortunately (something about you're preordering the game and not buying it so no refunds), so i'm waiting for development to finish before I look over it
gameplay looks fun af tho
The developers are insanely transparent and all of the information about updates is only conveyed through popular livestreamer's chats.

Moderators and developers alike will silence or ban users that bring up problems like desync or the fact that a game shouldn't require more than 8gb of RAM, often saying the same "This game is perfect" type thing that the rest of the community does.

The community is insanely elitist - if you don't like this game, you must be one of those CoD plebeians that enjoys simple, non-challenging gameplay.

The game itself is extremely flawed. Ever since an update came by that required you to do missions for traders to level them up, I quit the game almost entirely. The fact that doing the missions in a wrong order could screw you up and make it so you'll never be able to get level 4 on certain traders is a very bad design. The fact that you have to kill a certain amount of people in a small amount of time in a game that encourages slow, tactical gameplay is equally as bad. I sold and bought 4 million rubles worth of stuff from a trader and somehow he doesn't trust me enough to sell me better items - forget that. I hate these missions.

The game favors those who are more well equipped than you. This would be fine if the difference wasn't so massive - those with FORT armor (the best in the game) are basically unkillable if you don't have the best weapons, unless you aim strictly for the legs. (Apparently this is an OK excuse to use - like anybody who plays shooter games has the muscle memory to immediately aim at someone's feet in every game, forgetting that they're harder to hit than the head anyway) This is because FORT armor will eat multiple shotgun blasts point blank without so much as twitching the other person's screen, and they can eat almost an entire pistol mag to the head even in the open section of the helmet

The game bans users for things like having Cheat Engine open. Which would be fine if it only did it when you hooked Cheat Engine to the game, but it doesn't. This means that EFT could update its policy and start banning for other random programs that are completely innocent that you may have open. Isn't that big of a problem.

Xsolla is an extremely shifty company, but you have to use it if you pay via paypal. It sets up your payment as a subscription, and EFT's website has stuff for security, so if someone hacks into your account they can buy multiple copies of your game without needing them to sign in to paypal. No refunds are issued for that.

Streamers are highly privileged and are given special press kits with almost every item in the game, giving them a major advantage over you. If they lose all of them, they can just reset their progress and get all of it back.

.... The game is fun. I loved playing it. But I've been driven away from the buildup of stuff that's accumulated over time. I can only see this game failing hard.. if not by undelivered promises, it'll be by the game just not filling expectations / being way too exclusive to the elitist crowd.

The developers are insanely transparent and all of the information about updates is only conveyed through popular livestreamer's chats.
I think you misused "transparent", I was pretty confused reading the first paragraph trying to understand how sharing information about updates in livestream chats is a good thing lol