Author Topic: McJob, Ubisoft shill extraordinaire  (Read 2514 times)

I have no idea where to post this but I thought it would be a good idea to post this just in case you ever go to McJob for advice on games ( or, Ubisoft games. )

How much do you get paid McUbiJob?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:37:41 AM by d »

I have no idea where to post this

i mean this is pretty obviously drama but anyway have fun being upset at someone elses opinion my dude

>literally upset at someone’s opinions

didn’t you learn to forget off from drama with your first two topics? i mean this is a start but come on dude

i mean this is pretty obviously drama but anyway have fun being upset at someone elses opinion my dude
When does it become an opinion and when does it become blatant paid defense by Ubisoft?

I don't understand your point. If this is a joke, I have to admit that I chuckled, but aside from that I'm not sure why this is relevant to anything.

I worked for one of the biggest AAA publisher/developer companies globally as a PR contractor. I essentially got to observe the game development process from the outside and help promote the games while also getting to talk to the game developers and understand their perspective. My position was made redundant due to most of Ubisoft's Australian operations moving North and South. I no longer work for Ubisoft, and when I did:

A) I was only a contractor to Ubisoft as through another company that also got me gigs at places like HP, Pixar and Microsoft.
B) I only had to represent them positively during work hours, and so my opinions outside of work are my own.

While doing that, I was also studying game design with professional designers as my lecturers, and now currently build games for clients (Government, Medical, Educational, Business etc) at an indie studio. I also frequently go to Ludem Dare/GameJam events and I have some pretty solid connections in the industry.

How is my relationship with Ubisoft, or any posts from my 2015 or 2016 period (back when I had quite a few account bans for aggressive flaming and still hadn't finished my degree to become a professional) in any way, shape or form representative of my current ability to discuss or teach game design, or talk about things inside the industry? Have you read any of my posts in the Game Design megathread, or asked for my opinion on a matter to judge my current arguments?

Is this because you're afraid I might actually speak positively about things the game community is against for ridiculous reasons? Are you scared that I might point out positive reasons for microtransactions, as an example? Would you even do this kind of topic for any other user who you disagreed with?

A) I was only a contractor to Ubisoft as through another company that also got me gigs at places like HP, Pixar and Microsoft.
B) I only had to represent them positively during work hours, and so my opinions outside of work are my own.
What's not saying you didn't use the BLF inside of work for promotion?

While doing that, I was also studying game design with professional designers as my lecturers, and now currently build games for clients (Government, Medical, Educational, Business etc) at an indie studio. I also frequently go to Ludem Dare/GameJam events and I have some pretty solid connections in the industry.

How is my relationship with Ubisoft, or any posts from my 2015 or 2016 period (back when I had quite a few account bans for aggressive flaming and still hadn't finished my degree to become a professional) in any way, shape or form representative of my current ability to discuss or teach game design, or talk about things inside the industry? Have you read any of my posts in the Game Design megathread, or asked for my opinion on a matter to judge my current arguments?
Maybe you misunderstood what I said when I said " for advice on games ( or, Ubisoft games. )". I don't doubt that you are a game developer or a good one, I'm talking about YOU recommending games.

Is this because you're afraid I might actually speak positively about things the game community is against for ridiculous reasons? YesAre you scared that I might point out positive reasons for microtransactions, as an example? Yes Would you even do this kind of topic for any other user who you disagreed with? I get paid every time I make a thread on the BLF by Cliff Bliziinkinnisnsiki to defame Ubisoft and promote LawBreakers, out now

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:21:03 AM by d »

holy stuff do you actually believe mcjob is being paid to promote ubisoft to some forgeters on an obscure online forum

he isn't even in the PR job anymore, why is this being brought up now

holy stuff do you actually believe mcjob is being paid to promote ubisoft to some forgeters on an obscure online forum

he isn't even in the PR job anymore, why is this being brought up now
I'm saying that shills can and have happened on the BLF.

What's not saying you didn't use the BLF inside of work for promotion?
Because none of my work was ever done at a computer (I was mostly on developer kits testing out the games, running through scripts for on-stage shows, in planning meetings with physical books to write notes in or in the middle of an event doing thousands of things at the event and not on a LEGO forum), and I didn't bother paying for mobile data until well after I had left Ubisoft and actually had a proper smart-phone.

Also, I do work at work, especially when the job is to look at people and talk to them. Looking on a PC or phone while in direct conversation is pretty rude, and silly for somebody who needs to sell things to people, aye.

I'm talking about YOU recommending games.
So why is this topic at all relevant? I haven't recommended any recent releases on this forum in a while (granted, except for Destiny 2 which I'm a moderator for a fan community because I was a fan of the original and I like Bungie), and my Game Awards topic has me as the host so i have to be impartial. Even then, do you really believe my ties to Ubisoft skew my opinion? I liked Assassin's Creed before I got hired with them, but I also hate most of what Ubisoft releases.

I'm allowed to have a brain and a sense of independence, you know. It's not like they take your ability to have a choice in your own personal life when you sign the contract.

You understand that a shill has to be paid to be a shill, right? The word implies somebody who sold their ethics and values out for the sake of profit. I haven't lost sight of my values, and I'm not getting paid by anybody to sell games right now. When I tell people "I love Destiny 2" and gift away copies for free, that's not Bungie paying me on the side to sucker them in; that's me genuinely liking he game and wanting others to experience it with me, same as how I approach any other game I really like.

You need to get over this fascination I'm "infected" or some kind of mindless robot like you seem to believe everybody at a big corporation is. It's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:26:47 AM by McJob »

When does it become an opinion and when does it become blatant paid defense by Ubisoft?

do you really think ubisoft pays australians to defend their policies on an obscure bootleg lego forum

You make very good points and have brought up things I was not aware of beforehand. I am locking this thread and I am going to send you a dozen 8K resolution GIFs of making cardboard.

do you really think ubisoft pays australians to defend their policies on an obscure bootleg lego forum
Considering Australians pay about their entire life savings to buy games you have to get money from somewhere.