Trenchfight! (New Poll!)

Poll

e

e
e

Author Topic: Trenchfight! (New Poll!)  (Read 4925 times)

Update: We have a playertype that has a realistic jumping height now.  Next poll is gonna be about how we should work with the weapons. (I.e limitted ammo or infinite ammo)

As for the current poll, I’ll leave it open for like 3 more days, and from that I’ll decide what to add in.  (At the time of writing this, doesn’t look like we’ll have any handguns.”
Finite ammo is only useful when you use it as a dimension of gameplay, and use it to limit the potential of individual weapon classes.

Example of ammo in gameplay: put a refill station at a capture point, which promotes people to fight over it in order to gain more ammo for their guns. Another example would be placing ammo at choke points like really long stretches of hallway where you're exposed and can be killed easily. Ammo should be used as a resource not an element of the gameplay. Your map should be built around the resource

Example of limiting potential: Weaker weapons should have a larger pool of ammo at their disposal, making them a more reliable gun in a limited-resource gamemode. Likewise, more powerful guns like shotguns, snipers and very special guns (grenade launcher? flamethrower?) should have very limited ammo to encourage their use as special firearms rather than just pieces of the gameplay puzzle. Giving everyone only 3 shotgun shells will discourage them from just spamming it across the map and encourage them to reserve it for close quarters, winding hallways and ambush points

Limited ammo is very very hard to do correctly, and if not done correctly it's just better to keep it all infinite.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:19:09 PM by PhantOS »

^very good idea. Maybe control points should be used to grant resources to the team, so the more control areas you capture, the easier it willl be to procedurally kill the enemy

Poll ended.

Gonna add a lot of rifles, very few automatic rifles, a trench gun, a couple of handguns and a shovel melee weapon.

Gonna add a new poll later. New poll.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:24:33 PM by AverageDude »

Would like some requests for rifles, automatic rifles, and handguns btw.

Well, if you're making the weapons yourself,
What about early machine guns like the M1917 Browning or a Lewis Gun?

Well, if you're making the weapons yourself,
What about early machine guns like the M1917 Browning or a Lewis Gun?

Likely not gonna be able to make them on my own, I just need a list of weapons that I should request from a friend.

A few weeks ago I released an add-on for the Fedorov Avtomat , which was an automatic rifle invented and used in WWI by the Russia. It would be appropriate to the time period, but a little misplaced considering that only around 100 were used during the war.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=314881.msg9718960#msg9718960

I guess the main issue is that it doesn't use any sort of ammo system, but that shouldn't be hard to implement.

A few weeks ago I released an add-on for the Fedorov Avtomat , which was an automatic rifle invented and used in WWI by the Russia. It would be appropriate to the time period, but a little misplaced considering that only around 100 were used during the war.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=314881.msg9718960#msg9718960

I guess the main issue is that it doesn't use any sort of ammo system, but that shouldn't be hard to implement.
I’ve seen this before, this is really cool.  It’d be awesome if you could make more weapons like this, I’d really like to use them.

Yeah, once finals are over, I might squeeze out some more models of weapons from that time period. Glad you like it.

Small update.

I had not taken into account how much more difficult it would be to work with mountainy terrain, so I'm going to have to cut down a lot and use a large amount of hills as a replacement.  This'll be much more easier when adding in towns and cities, and overall movement in the battlefield.

Finals are going to slow down progress for a bit, but I'll work when I have the time to.

I set up a to-do list, anything with a * next to it is something that I am going to need help to accomplish.

Putting this on hold for a bit, starting to lose motivation.  I’ll pick it up again after New Years.  Til then, I’ll be rebooting an old project of mine.