Why does it seem like you have to be a veteran to host a successful server?

Author Topic: Why does it seem like you have to be a veteran to host a successful server?  (Read 6506 times)

See the title.
It seems like you have to have played for a good while and be generally well-known and liked for your server to be successful.

Because they know what we want and you don't

Because they know what we want and you don't
never forget 90s town rp
and the nigerian takeover situation

all parkour servers died when freek wasn't hosting that one he did

so i guess bringing it back would give you something?

other way around successful servers are hosted by veterans

other way around successful servers are hosted by veterans
^^^
veterans often know how to not act handicapped and thus are able to make people stay at their server. notice how socially inept people tend to not be able to host a good server

tho it does help to have people that know you that join when they see your name lol

make a server that's unique or something that people don't ordinarily see and they'll flock

veterans know how to make good servers having been around longer and seen more good stuff

make a server that's unique or something that people don't ordinarily see and they'll flock
This is so true. When I first hosted farming I got near 60 players in the first few hours.
And it's literally just a server where you plant corn bricks and watch them grow.

just download non-steam blockland and get a ton of alts on your server to boost the ranking. if it's good, people will stay regardless of who you are. everyone in this game is desperate for something new

people who have spent a lot of time with the game are more likely to know how to put together a good server. that's just kinda what happens with blockland

i think name recognition in this context tends to come from people who actually make things rather than just being around tho

It's not so much the status as it is the knowledge.

Put together your server with exactly what you need. This causes less problems overall, including less compatibility clashing, less excessive messages from absolutely everything the player touches (connecting, spawning, etc), less downloading, and overall less you have to worry about sifting through when putting it together.

Make a good thread to showcase it. Trust me. A lot of the good servers have a lot of people popping into them because they posted "Hey, yo, we're open, get in-game". No one's going to sit there refreshing the master server for a server, let alone even bother to check any that just have 1 player if they only have a title to go off of.

This is so true. When I first hosted farming I got near 60 players in the first few hours.
And it's literally just a server where you plant corn bricks and watch them grow.
can confirm it was super boring but had like 40 players when i went and looked at it

another part of it was that the hosts name was New Years so i was super confused about that until i joined

I actually had about 10players on my server where i just build stuff alone. They just mostly look around the build and maybe build something them selves but it has no other content at all

edit: just to add i don't consider myself veteran or wellknown