Author Topic: Fear of death  (Read 2704 times)

shoooooot not me. id be that upset  :cookieMonster:

damn whoa bam next level pissed

i want to be vored by death

People should be aware that OP lives in Brazil, I have Brazilian friends that no longer live there and migrated to other countries because of how bad it is over there. A whole lot of government corruption and gangs mixed into one it's really dangerous for op especially at night time, people can get kidnapped without a blink of an eye. I could probably understand why OP feels like this.

For me death is understandable because I'm religious I just believe that god has set up our lives and when we come to an end then it's just how god made everything for us and I do fully 100% believe in afterlife. Everything tends to happen for a reason

my thoughts from last month on the subject:

atm i'm trying to save a friend who actually wants to die. it would seem i've talked with way more people at that far end of the spectrum than on the opposite end where op is at, so for me the thought of being kept awake over the fear of an inevitable event that every living thing eventually goes through is difficult to understand in some cases

thanks to adolescent animal abuse, farm life, suicidal experience, my own brushes with death and gore binges, death is nothing to me. ive been desensitized to the idea since i was incredibly young. death is rather fascinating to me. watching someone die quicker than you can blink is shocking, but not in a terrifying way. something about it strikes an unfortunate but beautiful nerve. its incredibly interesting and humanizing. it really puts reality into perspective and makes you value the things i feel like most people dont. i dont hate anyone. i love where i am. i love the people im surrounded by, even the ones i dont like. the mornings are serene and the nights are beautiful. i miss high school. i dont regret anything
i personally haven't dealt with death very much - i've yet to have important family members of mine pass away, but i've really just come to accept that stuff comes and then goes. at some point of my life i started to genuinely wonder why people become so affected by the loss of somebody. that's mostly just because i'm lonely in a way but also becuase i've always treated death differently to what i always see others treat it as so. i'm not denying it's painful and heartbreaking - it's definitely extremely impactful, but I honestly treat death more of a 'let's reflect on the past! let's be extremely thankful for everything this person has ever provided to me in my life and to others in their life, and celebrate how fantastic they were as a person!' more then something like 'OHHHHHH how the forget am i going to live ever again now that they're gone??'. funerals slightly confuse me becuase it's such a depressing thing to attend, yet, honestly i feel as if we should be celebrating the life that the person had, instead of constantly being sad of their loss. celebrating everything they achieved, their determination they must've had in order to do whatever they've done in their life and honestly just how lucky we were to be close friends to somebody that amazing. why should we spend our time constantly being depressed of their loss when we could accept that everything is temporary, and that the life that they have had was the best that we could've possibly made it. i'm, of course, talking more of dying of oldness then something actually depressing such as being in an accident, a disease or even cancer, as somebody dying due to something that completely wasn't their fault is far more depressing then having a full life and dying of old age.
we really should just celebrate the life we get, instead of wasting our lives being frightened of the inevitable end.

Welcome to the existential crCIA. Everybody has it. I thought I was immune after joking and laughing about death for many, many years on account of a lot of my family being funeral directors with a forgeted sense of humour.

I would highly recommend reading a book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A forget". It'll explain things much better than I ever could.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:33:18 PM by McJob »

People should be aware that OP lives in Brazil, I have Brazilian friends that no longer live there and migrated to other countries because of how bad it is over there. A whole lot of government corruption and gangs mixed into one it's really dangerous for op especially at night time, people can get kidnapped without a blink of an eye. I could probably understand why OP feels like this.

For me death is understandable because I'm religious I just believe that god has set up our lives and when we come to an end then it's just how god made everything for us and I do fully 100% believe in afterlife. Everything tends to happen for a reason
This is part of it yeah, I also believe in an afterlife, but that scares me too a little bit.

I don't know man, I just hope that one day I'll think of death as a natural thing and then I won't be scared anymore, I miss being able to sleep without panicking about it.

Welcome to the existential crCIA. Everybody has it. I thought I was immune after joking and laughing about death for many, many years on account of a lot of my family being funeral directors with a forgeted sense of humour.

I would highly recommend reading a book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A forget". It'll explain things much better than I ever could.
I love the name of that book, totally your style lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:33:43 PM by Filipe »

@badspot how do i delete users
@badspot how do i delete lives

i just down want to be reborn as some north korean in a world 70 years in the future where theres no more resources to make things (like electronics for everyone that can have them at least considering the fact that i might be a north korean and if they still have shictators then)

This is part of it yeah, I also believe in an afterlife, but that scares me too a little bit.

I don't know man, I just hope that one day I'll think of death as a natural thing and then I won't be scared anymore, I miss being able to sleep without panicking about it.
Try doing this, before you go to sleep recite Psalms 91. this part of the Torah/bible/old testament is believed to be a prayer of strength and calling god down to help you and make you stronger. If this does not work, I take it you are christian? if so go to a priest at a church, just pray. If you're Jewish like me go to a synagogue or a rabbi. During these times you may face religion helps you a lot