Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 37855 times)

don't know if anyone has seen this yet so i'll post it here
https://twitter.com/MackenzieAstin/status/941459382864437248
ajit literally cured death and redditors still hate him. racism is alive and well in this country

corderain, defending net neutrality is protecting free speech
how many drugs are you on

racism is alive and well in this country
Your right, but that doesn't mean the answer is to block us from going on my school website to do my work without having to pay $10/m

Haha do tell

government control is free speech but no government control is censorship

weird how that played out

Please, read the whole thing for me. Let's have a friendly discussion. I said in my reply that they are not stating any opinion. That net neutrality should not be repealed without replacement is their goal and this is one of the few cases where that is an objective good, and my reply goes into detail on exactly why that is, why not showing common false counterarguments isn't disingenuous, and why their website design isn't scary.
i did read the whole thing, and we are having a friendly discussion

i dont know enough about this to have the kind of discussion you want. in my eyes, one side believes in one thing, the other side believes in something else. if i was engaging in conversation about this with someone, i would naturally say "whats your opinion on it?" because if either side was factually or objectively right, there wouldnt be as massive of a debate as this. i feel its important to consider the feelings of the other side as well, because i feel like a lot of this net neutrality debate stems from some kind of feeling people are having. not necessarily the calculated numbers
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:59:13 PM by mod-man »

government control is free speech but no government control is censorship

weird how that played out
forcing a free and open internet is not censorship
yes, it is government regulation
but government regulation is not the opposite of free speech if that regulation fosters free speech

seems simple enough to me

forcing a free and open internet is not censorship
yes, it is government regulation
but government regulation is not the object of free speech if that regulation fosters free speech

seems simple enough to me

That would make sense if internet was a vital part of free speech. It's not.

That would make sense if internet was a vital part of free speech. It's not.
what a coincidence that the internet is the primary form of communication (aka speech) for many people
what a coincidence that net neutrality ensures that all of that communication can be done freely without intervention from outside organizations

what a coincidence that the internet is the primary form of communication (aka speech) for many people

That means literally nothing.

That means literally nothing.
are you dense
of course the internet is a part of freedom of speech

Hi, Nobody matters but me, Thanks

I can see where you would make that connection but no it's not.