Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 36883 times)

If it's not against the law and not in the Constitution then yeah it doesn't matter.
corderain, you realize that things can be good or bad outside the realm of the law, right

Oh I'm vary aware but since this is government policy that doesn't play into effect. The government is an unfeeling*** machine that exists only to better its people.

If it's not against the law and not in the Constitution then yeah it doesn't matter.
You are literally claiming that as long as something is in the constitution it cant be bad no matter what?
What a loving joke

Oh I'm vary aware but since this is government policy that doesn't play into effect.
what?
so you're saying that we can only talk about government policy in terms of already-existing laws, and that government policy should have nothing to do with what's right or wrong?

The government is an unfeeling machine that exists only to better its people.
yes
to better its people
net neutrality would better its people, even though it's not constitutionally mandatory

nobody is arguing that the government is constitutionally required to keep net neutrality, and if you do see someone argue that, they're probably an idiot
we're arguing that net neutrality is a good thing. two different things.

legality is not a measure of whether something is good.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:24:18 PM by TristanLuigi »

what?
so you're saying that we can only talk about government policy in terms of already-existing laws, and that government policy should have nothing to do with what's right or wrong?
yes
to better its people
net neutrality would better its people, even though it's not constitutionally mandatory

This is a non vital service being controlled by a government entity. I'm 100% against that. The government is here to do three things. Protect us from each other, protect us from outsiders, and provide the basic rights to life. Nothing more.

IMHO this would have been much better at a state law level.

This is a non vital service being controlled by a government entity.
it's being regulated, not controlled. different things.

The government is here to do three things. Protect us from each other, protect us from outsiders, and provide the basic rights to life.
net neutrality protects us from each other.
specifically, it protects the majority of individuals from the tyranny of a handful of corporations

IMHO this would have been much better at a state law level.
good thing the FCC wants to prevent that, too

it's being regulated, not controlled. different things.
Splitting hairs

net neutrality protects us from each other
It provides no physical protection what so ever.

you mind find this shocking
but uh

physical protection is not the only kind of protection

crazy concept, right?

The government is not responsible for your emotional or mental well being. You've been coddled your entire life and I feel for you in that respect.

you mind find this shocking
but uh

physical protection is not the only kind of protection

crazy concept, right?
I'll be surprised if he has common sense
The government is not responsible for your emotional or mental well being.
So that means they can force us to pay them for no reason???
Besides I'm pretty sure that there is health insurance for a reason

This is really spurred on by a lack of basic understanding on what a person is entitled to.

The government is not responsible for your emotional or mental well being.
you're contradicting yourself
The government is an unfeeling machine that exists to better its people.
which definitely includes things other than physical protection

This is really spurred on by a lack of basic understanding on what a person is entitled to.
they're entitled to free speech
and the government is not the only entity that threatens free speech

you're contradicting yourselfwhich definitely includes things other than physical protection

I disagree.

I'll be surprised if he has common senseSo that means they can force us to pay them for no reason???
Besides I'm pretty sure that there is health insurance for a reason

Health insurance should not be government controlled.

ah, yes
I forgot we pay so much already TO THE POINT WHERE WE ARE FORCEFULLY ENTITLED TO GET CHARGED MORE
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME CORDERLAIN THAT REALLY HELPED REFRESH MY MEMORY!!!
Well it is
What are you going to do about it? You say it SHOULD not but it is. deal wid it

I disagree.
so the only form of betterment that exists is to physically protect people?

funnily enough, that would still include universal healthcare. so much for this:

the government exists to make its citizens lives' as good as possible, without infringing on their rights. even better if it helps the citizens of another country, too.