-snipped lol-

Author Topic: -snipped lol-  (Read 3554 times)

it would be like giving students detentions because they played more than 2 hours of video games last night

oh cmon man that's disingenuous and you know it

oh cmon man that's disingenuous and you know it
is it, though?
both are harmless actions that someone takes in their free time.

i'm not sold on the idea that doing drugs as a 17 year old is harmless

what kind of drug test did you fail

i'm not sold on the idea that doing drugs as a 17 year old is harmless
okay, it's harmless to others
and spending hours every day in a chair playing video games probably isn't harmless to the player, either
we don't punish people for eating junk food

or what about self-harm or cutting? that's definitely harmful to the person doing it, but instead of punishing it, we try to help the person overcome the underlying problem
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:02:26 PM by TristanLuigi »

Also:
I happen to know what high school zealot goes to in oklahoma and the drug test for parking permit thing isn’t something he’s making up. Seems absurd to me as it seems like the school is using it as a an excuse to drug test their students without real justification. Could you provide more info on what test you took zealot!

and spending hours every day in a chair playing video games probably isn't harmless to the player, either

it is if you have stuff to do lol

or what about self-harm or cutting? that's definitely harmful to the person doing it, but instead of punishing it, we try to help the person overcome the underlying problem

i'd say people who cut themselves are handicapped but that's not relevant here

okay, it's harmless to others
Not exactly, drugs could cause the users to be violent, overly emotional, etc.  This could potentially be a danger to those around the user.

we don't punish people for eating junk food

Yeah but video games don't make you violent or a danger to anyone around you.  Same with junk food, except your poor eating habits make you a danger to yourself.  Self harm is obviously harmful to only the person.  It can have emotional effects on those around the person who is harming themself however.  I also don't see how thats relevant to drug use at all.

i'd say people who cut themselves are handicapped but that's not relevant here
I also don't see how thats relevant to drug use at all.
it is relevant
it's harmful to the person who does it, but harmless to others, which is pretty much the same situation that drugs are in
and yet we punish those who do drugs, while helping those who self-harm

Not exactly, drugs could cause the users to be violent, overly emotional, etc.  This could potentially be a danger to those around the user.
Yeah but video games don't make you violent or a danger to anyone around you.  Same with junk food, except your poor eating habits make you a danger to yourself.  Self harm is obviously harmful to only the person.  It can have emotional effects on those around the person who is harming themself however.  I also don't see how thats relevant to drug use at all.
again, though, mczealot was doing marijuana, which doesn't really make you violent, and i'm assuming he wasn't driving or anything while high
this doesn't harm anyone except arguably himself

what a road you've gone to mczealot

Not exactly, drugs could cause the users to be violent, overly emotional, etc.  This could potentially be a danger to those around the user.
have ya ever smoked weed?

Also i’m just gonna throw out that Mczealot’s high school’s got a LOT bigger issues to deal with than people smoking weed. Idk if its been posted here but i’ll let him explain it

it is relevant
it's harmful to the person who does it, but harmless to others, which is pretty much the same situation that drugs are in
and yet we punish those who do drugs, while helping those who self-harm
again, though, mczealot was doing marijuana, which doesn't really make you violent, and i'm assuming he wasn't driving or anything while high
this doesn't harm anyone except arguably himself
driving on marijuana isnt unsafe either

driving on marijuana isnt unsafe either
bruh i'd fall asleep if i did that stuff