Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion [Spoilers]

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion [Spoilers]  (Read 8417 times)

I thought the movie overall was an improvement on Episode 7 which took a more politically correct approach.  Pushing the policial correctness aside, it was a really good movie.  I liked the references to past movies (they were a little bit unneeded but still cool).  Also, Ben isn't going to make it as a sith lord because he is weak minded and he is overall weak.  He wouldn't have killed snoke if it wasn't for Rey.  Lastly, the scene with Luke was beautifully done. 

The porgs are annoying as stuff

The first time the Porgs were on screen and it was a one-off gag, it was funny. When they kept showing them and they added zero to the plot and their entire purpose is to sell toys it's a little annoying.

guys the actual RedLetterMedia review came out and it's a Big Mood

Anyone else notice that Luke has a red crystal in his hut? Someones playing w the force...

Omg why didn't I heed the title warning

I'm an idiot, Snook is dead.

so who was snoke anyways? like why.

Actually, you know what strikes me? This film had a lot of issues that you can directly compare with Episode IV, pre-editing. It’s got extreme pacing issues (main characters richarding around in scenes with exposition and minimal action thrown in with scenes of a tense starship battle) and detail issues (what was the deal with the dark side pit, why did luke give so much of a stuff about the ‘sacred Jedi texts’, what was the point of mr. red lapel if we never meet him and get a flat ‘smuggler’ character who has no background and all he says is ‘war is profitable etc etc’, who the forget was snoke).

very controversial opinion: i like that we have no idea who snoke is Because We Still Haven't Confirmed It Isn't Jar Jar

its honestly strange disney just up and gave the whole movie to rian johnson and let him do his thing

so who was snoke anyways? like why.

my theory is that the writers for the last jedi thought he was a stuffty villian and wrote him out before they had to include him in the third movie

ren just isnt badass or scary enough to be the ultimate bad guy for this set of movies... i was bummed by the end knowing it will just be him in the 9th.
there is no build up, as we already know from the 7th and 8th movie that rey is the superior fighter.

ren is so weak he may turn to the lightside within first 15 minutes and it will be a movie about decommissioning star destroyers.

if theyre gonna do another new trilogy i want it to be with the new characters facing against the yuuzhang vong

I can't wait until E;R tears Jew Jew Abrams a new one