Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion [Spoilers]  (Read 8393 times)

i would've loved to see how abrams would do this movie.

Did I rate it too high or too low? The Mustafar duel was great but most of the movie was pretty bad, especially the special effects and dialogue.
Too low. The acting on a few characters is sub-par for the most part, but you can easily see past it and connect with them and empathize with their feelings. Anakin is a good example of this; tragic loving story and I personally think it was conveyed really well despite bad acting here and there. Overall the story/setting/feel of RotS was amazing. Plus Yoda and Sidious duking it out in the senate is badass every single time. Sets an amazing backstory for those who are new to the saga and are moving onto the original trilogy.

I mean, The Force Awakens also had some great scenes and set up a trilogy well, but I still gave it a 5/10. 5/10 isn't 'mediocre', it's 'average'. A lot of people seem to think that a 7/10 should be the baseline.

I see.

I dont know, i'd still rate it above average just because of how impactful it was to the overall saga. I still get shook at anakin's dumbass everytime and i love that about the movie.

It's a lot easier to label a woman as a 'bossy bitch' in that sort of scenario. If you kept everything the same (and turned her male) the character would more closely resemble a hardened military commander. I'm not sure why you have a problem with someone suggesting that unconscious loveism exists--it feels like projection.

why are you making this about love when it's just about weird writing

It's a lot easier to label a woman as a 'bossy bitch' in that sort of scenario. If you kept everything the same (and turned her male) the character would more closely resemble a hardened military commander. I'm not sure why you have a problem with someone suggesting that unconscious loveism exists--it feels like projection.

or maybe it's just because she withholds the plan from everyone for no loving reason

I think rey's character writing is fine, I had absolutely nothing to do with her character writing

why are you making this about love when it's just about weird writing
actually, you were the one who made it about love when you singled out one comment prefaced with 'this may be presumptuous...' in a multi-paragraph review.

actually, you were the one who made it about love when you singled out one comment prefaced with 'this may be presumptuous...' in a multi-paragraph review.

do you have any idea what you are talking about

do you have any idea what you are talking about
these sorta vague 'gotchya' remarks with zero substance are fine at the end of an actual point, but when it's all that you have to say, you just kinda look dumb dude

It might be presumptuous, but I doubt people would have the same negative connotation of her if she was a male character.

how can this be construed as anything but you making it about love

matriarchy - check
diversity hires - check
women fully committed to supporting each others' handicapped decisions and ignoring any men who are trying to keep them from dying - check
nonsensical rewriting of the laws of physics and the entire story to date for the sole purpose of making said handicapped decisions work out - check
randomly deleting old characters and new ones with almost no screen time or justification for any of them even existing or being included again in the first place - check

why does snoke even exist. 5 minutes of screentime between two films for some meme that doesn't actually change anything because kylo LOOK AT ME. I AM THE SNOKE NOW. ren just immediately takes over? why make him such a sperg that he constantly berates someone he's trying to get to do something simple? for someone so powerful he sure is written to be as much of an autism fairy as humanly possible

dont get me started on superleia who is probably the most incompetent handicap to ever command anything along with holdo, but good thing the STRONG INDEPENDENT WYMYN are there to reinforce each others' cancerous decisionmaking

i mean at this point the entire galaxy should just be creating standalone hyperspace engines and launching them at each other, may the smallest target win because at this point it's just a game of frickin bowling

the problems with this movie have nothing to do with sjw please just stop i hate this movie

how did the resistance not know hyperspace tracking was a thing? the empire used it ages ago in canon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlGE32Jp08

now that snoke is dead hopefully kanjiklub will be the villans of the next movie