[Vehicle] Skateboard - Drag update

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Skateboard - Drag update  (Read 10815 times)

Skateboard
Highly advanced quad-wheeled transportation apparatus

Features:
- Bot vehicle physics, but not really
The skateboard is a playertype, not a physics vehicle. This means you wont get sent into orbit when moving across mod-ter ramps at more than .2 speed. Under normal circumstances this would mean that the skateboard would remain flat when going up a ramp, but not really, the skateboard is animated so that it can be rotated to match the angle of the ramp it's ontop of

- Cool tricks
You can do tricks on this skateboard. In order to do a trick you have to jump, and while holding down the jump key, press one of your shift-brick keys. You will have to hold the jump key down while the trick is in progress and you will have the wait for the trick to finish before landing. Failing to do either of these things will result in a tumble

- Grinds
You can also do grinds on edges of bricks and stuff. It's a simple process, just make sure you're ontop of the brick of the ledge you're trying to grind and that at-least two wheels are not colliding with any bricks

- Session Markers
Similar to the system from Skate 3, you can set a position and teleport to it later, reducing set-up times for lines/tricks
To set your session marker, type /skateboardMarker set. You must be on a skateboard to do this.
To teleport back to it, type /skateboardMarker. You can do this mid-tumble, inside a car, on a skateboard, wherever. Note that you will automatically be on your skateboard after teleporting.

- Visual customization
You can change certain visual aspects about the skateboard.
To change the logo beneath the board, type /skateboardLogo (index). For a list of all available logos and their descriptions, type /skateboardLogoHelp.
To change the color of the wheels, type /skateboardSetColor wheels R G B
To change the color of the trucks, type /skateboardSetColor trucks R G B
To change the color of the grip tape, type /skateboardSetColor grip R G B
To change the color of the bolts, type /skateboardSetColor hardware R G B
To change the color of the wood/board, type /skateboardSetColor board R G B
These settings should remain persistent for as long as you are on the server.

Note that your logo will become damaged over-time the more you skateboard. To repair your logo, just change it with /skateboardLogo.

Usage:
You can spawn a skateboard via a vehicle brick if you want, but I recommend you spawn it via the skateboard item, which is used in a similar manner to the Skiis. If you do plan on spawning via the vehicle brick, increase your player/bots per player limit.

Download
Download (Old)
Blend file

Report any bugs, there's gotta be some Lol

Credits
- Torin for the suggestion
- Kidalex for the skateboard model
- Everyone who joined the test servers for their feedback and testing
- The fellows over at the Blockland Content Creator's discord for their invaluable help

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:55:46 PM by Rally »

Finally, I can now be a true sk8erboi

god damn. i see a bright future for add-on creation, very nice job

This is absolutely sick. 11/10 add-on, amazing work Rally!

Lots of fun but I wish you could get it going a bit faster down slopes and have it maintain your forward velocity while airborne.

2 Ideas

1. You have the ability to use your skateboard as a weapon, when you press a vacant numpad key that's not being used for a trick. (It'd have to be the item version of course)

2. When you're mad you press a key and you stomp on your board and break it. (Probably removing it from your inventory.)

The skateboard parks are already being built...

(Built by Ostinyo, TF141 Ghost, and meatsale when I was hosting a skateboarding server.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:45:07 AM by WALDO »