Author Topic: what do people look for in a weaponset  (Read 4925 times)

Glass preferences to toggle sights/ammo
not everyone likes using sights/ ammo
now thats my kind of tea!

i like weaponsets that are original and by original i mean either LOUD PISTOL #64456782 is complex or LOUD PISTOL #53220975 isnt there and instead LOUD MUSKET PISTOL THAT YOU MANUALLY RELOAD ADDING AN OUNCE OF FUN TO COMBAT #2 is in it's place.
i also like variety in weapons.

Glass preferences to toggle sights/ammo
not everyone likes using sights/ ammo
This. I hate when I can't mix a weapon pack with other weapons because it insists on using ammo. Even excluding add-on mixing, sometimes a gamemode just works better without ammo.

NO FOV ISSUES WHY DO YOU PUT "ZOOMING" IN YOUR WEAPON PACKS IF YOU DON'T TAKE IN ACCOUNT PEOPLE HAVING DIFFERENT FOV'S? BLOCKLAND BY DEFAULT HAS A ZOOM FUNCTION YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD ONE THAT MESSES WITH PEOPLE'S FOV!

-snip-
This.
Pretty much balance and satisfying weapons. Nothing too stuffty, but nothing too op. For instance, a shotgun that can 1 shot somebody from 4 studs away, but does like 5-10 damage from about 32 studs. Or a sniper without a 1 shot to the body, only the head (if critical hits are a thing even). Or an arched explosive weapon that does on average 45-50 damage on in proximity hit, but on player hit can 1 shot them. (Don’t do this for a missile though.)

And PLEASE make the bullets not have gravity physics like arrows, and go fast, not ludicrously slow like the default gun.

People want:
*models that aren't complete utter stuff
*decent sounds (nothing that cuts early, has no reverb, or has too much reverb)
*glass preferences: Make ammo and sights an optional thing, people like options, and not everyone likes ammo or sights
*variety
*for the people that like ammo and sights, make a system that allows for attachments, such as the ability to add attachments (if you have a large amount of attachments) or if the attachment amount is small, just make different variations of the same gun (similar to how the vanilla weaponset is set up)
*balanced weapons, a g17 should be able to hold its own against an m16, but not be equal to it.

Also, make the projectiles go faster than the default gun, and if you add bullet drop and accuracy variation, make that a thing in options. Some people like their bullets to fall right where they want it to and some like it semi-realistic.

weapons that fit the game's aesthestic

at least one fast firing weapon and one explosive weapon

what i want from weapons is something that works like serious sam

no reloading, but an ammo system, no scoping, raycasting instead of projectiles so you don't have to worry about shooting in the direction people are going and projectiles moving in the same direction you are moving. raycasting makes bullets hit instantly at your cursor, so its better for deathmatching and whatever else

and because blockland, models have to be blocky to fit blockland's theme
anything that's not blocky doesn't look like it belongs in the game, and feels off

Aside from the normal stuff I also look for personality. I'm quite bored by packs with 15 barely distinguishable ARs. Bushido's Quake pack is a good example of guns with personality.

ammo systems that dont work with literally any other addon you have

hyper realistic weapons with poorly done animations and effects

variety without excess

what i want from weapons is something that works like serious sam

no reloading, but an ammo system, no scoping, raycasting instead of projectiles so you don't have to worry about shooting in the direction people are going and projectiles moving in the same direction you are moving. raycasting makes bullets hit instantly at your cursor, so its better for deathmatching and whatever else

and because blockland, models have to be blocky to fit blockland's theme
anything that's not blocky doesn't look like it belongs in the game, and feels off
But. Serious Sam had all that. Revolvers reloaded and had infinite ammo. Sniper could scope. Lasergun fired projectiles instead of raycasts.
But I do think a Serious Sam weapon pack would be great. Especially if it was all the weapons from the second encounter. Though the cannon would be difficult. You'd have to shoot a ball vehicle out of it and hope it doesn't forget up.

i like weapon complex because its original cool feature. (same as weapon generic by port)
raycast is neat
good models (not huge)
NOT intense shaking when shooting
unpopular opinion: animated guns WITH hands