Author Topic: is there a reason why blockland doesn't Ever remember my key?  (Read 1985 times)

every time i restart my computer and re-open blockland, my key is absolutely forgotten and i have to reenter it.
after this, it remembers my key fine until i reboot my computer again.
I use windows 10, and my other windows 10 laptop doesn't encounter this issue.
I've asked friends also and none that I've talked to state that they have encountered this issue.
the most annoying part of it is that client add-ons don't load on demo boot-up, so i have to restart once again to load all client add-ons

I remember that the key data is stored with a few variables from the computer, if any of those variables are changed Blockland will not know how to decrypt the key properly.

is the blockland folder/key.dat file read-only?
does it change each time you run BL? (save old versions and open in a hex editor/notepad and see if they look different (if opening in notepad, see if the symbols differ, the second line shouldn't be readable text))

is the blockland folder/key.dat file read-only?
does it change each time you run BL? (save old versions and open in a hex editor/notepad and see if they look different (if opening in notepad, see if the symbols differ, the second line shouldn't be readable text))
well between my computer restarting it does change, but every blockland restart while computer hasn't restarted it doesn't change

like the files are actually different?
that'd be a problem, since it's supposed to be the same per computer

like the files are actually different?
that'd be a problem, since it's supposed to be the same per computer
yea the contents of them change after restarting computer and reentering key

It is hard to tell if there is a solution. Could be software, hardware, or a firmware problem.

bump, this still an issue

Do you have any VPN or gateway software installed?

what happens if you play BL from a VM on your computer?
I feel like that should work, unless it's a network issue