Dark X-rane's MemeQuest - The Bootleg that no one asked for

Author Topic: Dark X-rane's MemeQuest - The Bootleg that no one asked for  (Read 8143 times)

Now the first few things that's probably on your mind right now is, what the hell is this, and why would anyone think of making such a thing. Well, I'm here to tell you that Memequest is what I consider the pinnacle of human evolution. After 3 full years of development, Memequest is a gamemode that players attempt to complete multiple objectives that a map gives you. These objectives can range from defeating a boss, to defending a fort for a certain amount of time. Each map has a different objective that has to be completed. In order to complete a mission, players must work together in order to complete a map's objective. Just think of it as kind of like Dungeon Raiders in a way.

Memequest currently features:
  • 9 playable maps
  • Multiple objectives to complete
  • 20 unique classes
  • Custom Sounds
  • Custom Textures

As stated in the features tab, Memequest currently has 20 classes, these classes are:
  • Humble Water Filter Merchant
  • Badspot
  • Duke Nukem
  • Chad Warden
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Gordon Ramsay
  • Hotel Mario
  • IdubbbzTV
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Killer Keemstar
  • Leusick Diamondeyez
  • Mccree
  • SammyClassicSonicFan
  • Stomedy
  • The Guy From Bosoton
  • The Irate Gamer
  • The Nostalgia Critic
  • ThReportofTheWeek
  • Tyler1
  • Venom Snake

Believe it or not, Memequest is not fully completed yet. Infact there's plenty of things that are currently planned for this masterpiece. These things currently include:
  • 16 playable maps
  • 32 unique classes

Dark X-rane:(BLID:12307) Scripting, modelling, and responsible for hosting and developing this masterpiece so far.
smh:(BLID:41072) Creating the base code for this server.
[K] Cloaker Jones:(BLID:169132) Playtester for this server.
Nanomist72:(BLID:196624) Playtester for this server.
Gautier:(BLID: 7148) Playtester for this server.

Server Status:
Closed
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:37:20 PM by Dark X-rane »

I will be hosting this tomorrow at 7:30EST.

See this is why you are a great dude
A Blockland gamemode named MemeQuest
You are the Meme King

lets play a game called spot the meme
I spy with my little eye, something handicapped, indian, mentally ill, and an anti net neutrality activist
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:30:27 PM by Darth C3P0² »

I will be hosting this tomorrow at 7:30EST.
I'm loving psyched as stuff right now.

so a stuff rip off of jayces dungeon raiders

Hell yeah
Least you'll do a better job at making it feel different than CrystalScape ever did.

dont call it a stuff rip off, this actually looks cool.

also if in dev for 3 years probably isn't 100% rip

Sorry for the delay, there was a minor bug that I wanted to quickly fix, I'll be hosting shortly.
EDIT: The server's now open!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:39:46 PM by Dark X-rane »

Don't ever call something complete unadulterated stuff unless you've at least experienced it yourself, it honestly shouldn't matter if the idea was looked upon by someone else, as long as others are having fun that should be the only thing that matters.

Alright gave this a go, so here's some Pros n' Cons

Pros:
- The maps, whilst being quite spacey, have you on a set path. The area is open, but your path is limited. You won't be running into every wall in the map.
- Potion system is interesting: Clicking a potion and adding it to your inventory is a neat little feature.
- Music was an alright choice.
- Memes gave me a lil' chuckle. Not bad at all.

Cons:
- This one is more of a personal liking, but I don't usually like meme driven things. But this isn't a full on con, don't need to pay attention to this one.
- The characters I had a go at seem to die pretty easily, usually in two-three hits. Not exactly fun.
- Because there's only twelve classes at the moment, server only takes thirteen people (12 for the classes, one for the boss).
- Map is pretty basic. But hey: Sometimes basics is all we need.
- Typing commands instead of using a bind.

So overall: Your gamemode was good, and it's going in the right direction. All you need to work on is more classes, maybe making them a bit tougher or nerfing the enemies, and maybe binding commands instead of making you type them. So overall, I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. This is a good start dude, keep it up.