Author Topic: [BETA OUT] Scratch for Blockland  (Read 16581 times)

I'm working on an add-on that I believe will help just-starting coders, called Scratch for Blockland.
This project is based off of http://scratch.mit.edu/ to provide convenience to users.

It currently supports all Torquescript operations (besides bitwise operations & ternary), exporting the blocks to Torquescript, and importing Torquescript to blocks (Supports any formatting preference -- eg. 'if (%a == 1)' and 'if(%a==1)' etc)
There is a rendering system in it that manages the blocks' position, sizes, inside connections, top connections, bottom connections, etc. that runs pretty well, in my opinion.
This also features a (rather small) function lookup 'dictionary', tooltips, block duplication, and block conversion (last screenshot).

Anyways, here comes the screenshots because I'm bad at structuring a topic.

Download the Beta
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=810
* This is a BETA. It is not complete, and will update often. Please report any bugs you experience via the Blockland Glass bug reporting system.

Screenshots & GIFs

Tell me what you think!

Thanks to Vitawrap for designing the blocks & the logo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:38:13 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

honestly this is pretty god tier. i really hope this gets default or popularized in some way cause then it would really help garner interest for the game as a sort of more-interactive-scratch

Neat, hopefully it'll get more people involved in scripting.

So if I am correct, is this for rpg-like conversations and choice-making?

So if I am correct, is this for rpg-like conversations and choice-making?
no
this is for scripting with visual blocks instead of typing
you can make rpg-like conversations and choice-making through this, though, just like you can with normal scripting

no
this is for scripting with visual blocks instead of typing
you can make rpg-like conversations and choice-making through this, though, just like you can with normal scripting
What do you mean by "visual blocks"? I'm not really a scripting wizard.