Author Topic: Might host a Lego-themed free-build server soon. Need suggestions  (Read 3025 times)

I've been toying around with the idea of hosting a small Lego-themed free build server for quite awhile now, mostly just for the fun of it, but also because I'd like to see how such a thing would turn out.

The server would probably be taking place early next week or maybe this weekend. I do have pretty large selection of mods assembled already for the server, but if anyone knows of any good Lego-themed mods, please recommend them! I'm sure there's quite a few that I've forgotten about. I do happen to have a couple unreleased lego mods that'll be on the server as well, and there are several other mods that I could probably throw together if I have time.

I'd like to know how many people would be interested in joining the server. If interest is low then I will probably host something else next week :P

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:08:41 PM by ArmyUnit »

loving finnaly

one thing you should do is find lego house instructions and make lego houses in blockland
done it before and its pretty fun

Yeah I want to build that ancient main street set since I actually have it irl

I'm hoping others do the same, but since it's a freebuild, things might get pretty messy lol

loving finnaly

one thing you should do is find lego house instructions and make lego houses in blockland
done it before and its pretty fun

I wanna make that krusty krab set my older brother got years ago. I used to play on that all the time and let me tell you it was fun.

I wanna make that krusty krab set my older brother got years ago. I used to play on that all the time and let me tell you it was fun.

holy forget i wanted that so badly when i was younger lol

I might remake the "Town Plan" playset. It was one of my favorite sets.

holy forget i wanted that so badly when i was younger lol

Hopefully you want it just as bad now, cause I plan on building that stuff lol

Hopefully you want it just as bad now, cause I plan on building that stuff lol

I'll try and have the right bricks enabled so that you can build that, although I don't know how you hope to get the front of the roof done lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Here's my mostly accurate recreation of the old Main Street set (set id: 6390):

It's missing a few things, but it mimics the original for the most part.
I'm going to be using this as part of the central information area I think

Also, does anyone have any working links to one of those old lego chair bricks? I can't seem to find any, and I'd really like to include that brick in the server.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:03:17 PM by ArmyUnit »

but i sent u a lego chair last night tho

did it not work?

do they have to have the lego "studs" or not?

but i sent u a lego chair last night tho

did it not work?

Yeah, the link was dead :(

use addition_bricktes

I have no idea what this is pls explain

do they have to have the lego "studs" or not?

I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly, but if you mean stud texture, then I'll probably just stick with the semi-default one that I'm running at the moment. I could use this texture, but I'm not a huge fan of how it looks in Blockland.
And besides that, all of the Lego-themed vehicles and add-ons that I'll have on the server use the default textures anyway.

Fake Edit: I found a chair brick add-on in the old RTB archives. It was kinda laying right there in plain sight, so I'm not sure how I missed it.
It's not exactly like the lego one, but it's close enough for me.

Also, I've been considering making a custom colorset for the server. I've been using a Lego inspired colorset so far, but I'm not very happy with most of it.
If you guys have any suggestions, please post!

Scratch that, this one by Threule looks pretty much spot on. I'll keep looking though, and see what else there is to choose from.

And again, if anyone has got color set suggestions, please let me know!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:24:35 PM by ArmyUnit »