Hatmod Archive

Author Topic: Hatmod Archive  (Read 52867 times)

Oh stuff, is this the first time you've seen this?
Yeah, Ive been keeping this thing up.
Yeah, since I haven't been on the forums for a considerable amount of time, it's pretty neat to see this. Thanks for updating it majorly.

Hey, no problem. I thought it was good enough to keep going.

Update 9/10/18: Added Blockhead but your head to the Singles section.
Added Script_Barber to the Extras section.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:08:20 PM by Mr.Noßody »

So I need to know.

Are any of these medieval helmets compatible for first person view?

I was wondering if someone is able to help me out since I am not able to fix this.

So I checked for myself, the medieval helmets are indeed compatible with first person vision. The problem is the model itself as the model wasn't made for first person.

Is someone able to fix up the models for the medieval helmets for me? I would really appreciate it.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:31:14 AM by King Tøny »

Disregard all of this, kobble fixed it all for me but thank you anyways.

Oh yeah. I think those are older hats that still use a custom model offset. If one's not set correctly you get that effect where it obscures your view like that.
Although, I'm fairly certain that the current version of the Hatmod has this built into it.

Were you using an older hatmod? How did kobble fix it? Id like to document this for anyone else with this issue.

The helmets were fine in terms of offset, Tony just wanted to have helmets where you have to look through the eyeholes. He's using modified hats/hatmod.
Most hats are just solid blocks so from the FP perspective you are looking through the model. Fixing it just meant hollowing out the model and adding faces to the inside walls.

Oh okay. I thought he wanted it fixed.
Reminded me of SimpleWell offset issues.

The helmets were fine in terms of offset, Tony just wanted to have helmets where you have to look through the eyeholes. He's using modified hats/hatmod.
Most hats are just solid blocks so from the FP perspective you are looking through the model. Fixing it just meant hollowing out the model and adding faces to the inside walls.
it would probably be better to have just a separate LOD entirely thats just a shape in front of the camera that simulates the front of the helmet instead of actually using the helmet.

Thank's for the bump.
We need more hats

I would make more hats if I had more time and motivation