Author Topic: Paladins: Champions of the Realm (new: a red thing with magic lizards!)  (Read 3233 times)

this is actually a surprisingly good game, id definitely recommend it to anyone who is currently frustrated with blizzards handling of overwatch
on patch ob64 they pulled a star wars battlefront 2 and ruined the game

pretty dissapointing, i had a lot of fun playing the game
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:43:26 PM by Metalliku »

My issue with battlegrounds is more the fact that they are taking a hero shooter and trying to make something completely different, pulling a huge amount of resources from developing the actual game and following yet another fad. I would hate if blizzard did something like that with Overwatch.

My issue with battlegrounds is more the fact that they are taking a hero shooter and trying to make something completely different, pulling a huge amount of resources from developing the actual game and following yet another fad. I would hate if blizzard did something like that with Overwatch.
It might be easier with Overwatch than with Paladins, due to the latter being grounded in fantasy with champs stuck with their kits. I'd imagine OW, if it made one, would do something like this: people play generic pistol heroes and find weapons/abilities on the map.

Regardless, I agree, these games should not follow the trend.  Fortnite can get away with it because the base game is very sandbox-like.

tbf overwatch has done things like that a couple times already, like some of the event modes and deathmatch, albeit i guess they're not nearly as drastic as a battle royale mode would be
It might be easier with Overwatch than with Paladins, due to the latter being grounded in fantasy with champs stuck with their kits. I'd imagine OW, if it made one, would do something like this: people play generic pistol heroes and find weapons/abilities on the map.
rly? cus in overwatch the heroes are mostly "stuck with their kits" too, i highly doubt that they wouldn't have done nearly the same thing paladins did and just have the heroes with all their abilities and stuff already
altho tbh that would be pretty sick seeing all these weapons and abilities just mix and match onto someone like pilot d.va somehow lol

but uh anyways right this is the paladins thread not the overwatch one

never rly bothered to try it out yet since i already have overwatch but it looks pretty neat too :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:20:21 AM by gr8dayseth »

paladins has horses you can all shut it