Slopes CTF suggestions

Author Topic: Slopes CTF suggestions  (Read 3609 times)

For those who've played it, you know what it is.
For those who haven't - it's an open-map CTF w/ personal weapon louadouts, fought between two teams, separated by expansive snowy terrain.

That said, i haven't been paying attention to the add-ons section for quite a long time.
I'm looking for a couple categories of add-ons or anything unique and theme-fitting (minus the specific examples given, which i already have):

-gadgets & usables (i.e. gliders, med-packs, etc)
   -scripts (rolling physics, footstep sounds, etc)   [was there a cold-breathe mod? could use that.]

suggestion: host right loving now

ill open it for a little bit now

Use gravycat's vehicles and weps. Try to add special items and vehicles to points which will be available to a team when it captures the point.

Maybe modify the map's terrain to be more realistic.
Like add ravines, make the ground more uneven and maybe even expand it.

remove body armor/vests. remove grenade launcher.

The addons you've used in the past were perfect. I think your map needs some work. The two bases separated by a large trench above while below a network of interconnecting tunnels something akin to Echo Base from Star Wars would be a nice addition. I think too many people prioritize sniping around the edges which takes away from the CTF experience. We're given an objective and we're not really punished for not doing it.

The CTF is already really fun. Maybe just map improvements.

Remove that god awful spawn effect please.

I say keep it as is, its perfect

Use gravycat's vehicles and weps. Try to add special items and vehicles to points which will be available to a team when it captures the point.
for the love of god no. Gravity Cat's weapons and vehicles for the most part are simply not good.

if you really want to improve it you should:
make ground vehicles actually viable
Remove the RANGE RESTRICTION on artillery
Redo the bases to make them larger and to have multiple spread out spawn rooms. The current 1 spawn room is a clusterforget.
Remove syringes entirely.
R-E-M-O-V-E the TT Rocket and Grenade launchers entirely.
change to a control points map, with progression, similar to TF2. Literally, the gameplay is people sitting at their bases with a few people abusing the stunt plane's landing and explosives, with a snowspeeder running interference.
The military base where the fighter Jet used to spawn is a good example

Additional add-on's
Rally's explosives(satchel charge, trip mine). These are balanced explosives.
Stratofortresse's MRLS
Either the Technical jeep or the Puma(NON AA) version. Far better add ons than the BTR
A modified version of Bushido's combat bomber and biplane. Better more balanced air combat, they just need work on the handling characteristics, and the bomber needs a redo on it's bomb projectile.
Potentially Strato's Abrams. If you're going to use a spread out map, the high quality 1 person tank that this is works great.
Army's SEARAM turret. Think a turret that shoots Javilins, but have it hidden to where it can't shread ground targets from range, only air