Damore vs Google Class action lawsuit

Author Topic: Damore vs Google Class action lawsuit  (Read 5115 times)

so google's probably getting sued. they've been doing a lot of naughty stuff i hear.
here's the full lawsuit

/discuss

damn thats a lot of discrimination chargers

Gudeman compared this document to that which “slave owners would have written for their slaves to help them understand how to interact with their masters,”

lol, this suit is going nowhere

Google employees and managers strongly preferred to hear the same orthodox opinions regurgitated repeatedly, producing an ideological echo chamber, a protected, distorted  bubble of groupthink. When Plaintiffs challenged Google’s illegal employment practices, they were openly threatened and subjected to harassment and retaliation from Google. Google created an environment of protecting employees who harassed individuals who spoke out against Google’s view or the “Googley way,” as it is sometimes known internally. Google employees knew they could harass Plaintiffs with impunity, given the tone set by managers—and they did so.

I swear this sounds like George Orwell and that's before you even get to "groupthink"

ot: that actually sounds like how quite a few large companies operate though

first world problems: the lawsuit

[img width=500 ]https://i.imgur.com/zABZ1So.jpg[/img]
Turning Down a Show Pitch =/= losing your job.

At her press conference, Dhillon said Google shareholders will be “pretty shocked to find” that employees are spending their time “talking about furry love clubs and toxic whiteness,” rather than doing their jobs.
I loving KNEW IT

https://www.wired.com/story/james-damores-lawsuit-is-designed-to-embarrass-google/

Turning Down a Show Pitch =/= losing your job.

It's a joke you dum-dum

can someone tldr this

The google echo chamber, you can't have any conservative views in google. There is a metokur video on it, worth a listen.

i remember reading an article about why his memo caused him to be fired. it had no bearing on political terms, and talked purely from the perspective of internal office relations. basically his memo was very polarizing and stood a good chance at destroying the work environment by forcing everyone to pick sides on a controversial idea.

this just proves hes not really sensitive to his former colleagues cause hed rather take down everyone in pursuit of his personal agenda. yes, its good that theres some transparency about google workplace culture, but this kinda thing hurts more than just the people you explicitly target.

is there proof or anything or is it just a guy mad he got fired

i mean props to the goblin looking forgeter he managed to persuade a stuffton of people to side with him for being angry at women for having jobs