BLF OpenTTD Dedicated Server - [ONLINE]

Author Topic: BLF OpenTTD Dedicated Server - [ONLINE]  (Read 3272 times)

clicking leads to OpenTTD website

What is OpenTTD?

OpenTTD is a tycoon game where you run your own logistics/parcel company and try to adapt to the changing market through the use of different means of transport. It tends to be hard.

Server Rules and Details

Map size is 1024x1024.
Company auto-cleanup is on.
Start year is 1960, game ends and auto-restarts in 2061. A two-thirds majority vote of all active players can warrant an early restart.

Rules:
1. Don't excessively terraform unless the game is about to end (like within 5 years). Clearing small foothills is okay, but don't make a massive river spanning the entire map. Transcontinental railways are fine if you're responsible about it.
2. Delete signs if someone asks.
3. Acts of corporate espionage and competition are encouraged. Just don't go overboard.

IP: search "The Russian's" and you'll find it
Password: blocklandforums
Owner is your good ol' buddy The Russian.

i stole this post format from 3 years ago thanks rings

I was thinking maybe hosting OpenTTD again soon.

where do i get it it looks shady

you can get it here
it's really not shady at all

Best game ever. Needs to be modded to be more 24/7 friendly though. Cities grow too fast and people get way way too far ahead when you arnt online to keep up.
Game seemed to work best if it's up limited hours a day and people scheduled to jump on during that period.

can we get a desert map next to make growing the cities a factor

id buy 3 ships and a vehicle for a dollar

id buy 3 ships and a vehicle for a dollar
one POUND you uncultured american!!!

I'll look into adding mods for more 24/7 friendliness when I have some time. In the meantime it'll just restart at 2051 until I get around to it. Feel free to post your suggestions.

i dont know if mods exist. im just saying the game runs better if things moved slower lol. but it cant be helped if its a 24/7 server and people actually do want to play at random hours on it.

when i hosted, i would have it up in evenings like 6pm-midnight central time. and schedule to run mon-fri only.
it wasnt perfect but it allowed everyone to keep up with each other better lol.

Server is down for maintenance to increase disk space.

Server is back up but for whatever reason, all company passwords have been removed. Not sure why.
There are only about 7 years left but don't be a richard and take someone else's company. I recommend logging in and passwording your company ASAP.

We hit the reset year, so the server's back to 1960. Come on in and move some cargo around.