Author Topic: Creeper World-esque growth  (Read 1781 times)

Something kinda akin to what Creeper we got now, but it can grow more than just on surfaces, much like Creeper World 4 in dev atm. Could be more dynamic than what Creeper we got now.

i'm not getting the difference here?
you're asking for the creep stuff to get stronger in piles and not just on world surfaces, but that would either be
a) hard to contain (which the current creep design already is)
b) incredibly laggy for the client and the server
the creeper gamemode we currently have is honestly the best we're gonna get in blockland

i'm not getting the difference here?
you're asking for the creep stuff to get stronger in piles and not just on world surfaces, but that would either be
a) hard to contain (which the current creep design already is)
b) incredibly laggy for the client and the server
the creeper gamemode we currently have is honestly the best we're gonna get in blockland
Hard to contain? What we got now doesn't grow on non-rendering blocks, probably buggy though.

Maybe I overestimate Torque in this case, maybe what we got now could be more fixed up (because how it handles itself is rather buggy, the gamemode and all that)

Creeper World 4 in dev atm
o dam, first a flash game and now its got high af graphics

OT: this would be good rather than the old creeper mod, spreading from a spawner but not from prespawned bricks

in blockland the creeper grows like loving mold

in creeper world, the creeper grows like water

shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement
how tall are the different heights, 5x brick heights, or 8x cubes?
what's the resolution of the creeper (size of it's grid), 2x2, 4x4, 8x8?

in CW3 and 4, creeper above a certain height (10) is no longer shown and is just stored in data.. that could be of some help.

Could be fun, build things that combat it like in CW but also be able to fight it head on because you're in an FPS.

In CW, the growth grows from different set points, and flows from it much like water and has height.

Probably should limit the max height (or make it configurable) so it doesn't get out of control from builds or make it not grow onto non rendered bricks much like BL's Creeper for further build-basis config.

it would be fun to see a version of the creeper gamemode that uses trenchmod-like brick merging to keep itself running smoothly and actually grows as a liquid-ish thing

though i understand how much more complicated this would be to achieve than in the flash game

it would be fun to see a version of the creeper gamemode that uses trenchmod-like brick merging to keep itself running smoothly
I thought the creeper mod already did this to a degree?

I thought the creeper mod already did this to a degree?
yeah, it's kind of fun watching the merging work
but if it were bounded to a larger grid like trench, it'd be easier/faster