Author Topic: Bricks loading as public  (Read 1184 times)

For some reason, any bricks placed on public bricks, when saved and then loaded later, will load as public bricks.
This seems to apply for anyone who builds on a baseplate owned by someone else. Why is ownership no longer being preserved for all my non-baseplate bricks? I've double checked I'm loading bricks as 'Saved Owner' and saving ownership is ticked when saving.

This is unfortunately how saving and loading works.
Ownership is technically only saved for bricks directly touching the ground. Any bricks built ontop of them obtain their ownership from that brick.

save ownership might be checked, but make sure 'load ownership' is checked aswell. you'll see the option when trying to load something

This is unfortunately how saving and loading works.
Ownership is technically only saved for bricks directly touching the ground. Any bricks built ontop of them obtain their ownership from that brick.

Is there anyway to allow players builds to load as their own? A friend of mine had hosted a MERP where the map was public bricks, and despite that people's bricks still loaded properly.

save ownership might be checked, but make sure 'load ownership' is checked aswell. you'll see the option when trying to load something

Load ownership is checked as 'Saved Owner'

use an autosaver. They save bricks differently so you can make sure all bricks are saved with proper ownership

use an autosaver. They save bricks differently so you can make sure all bricks are saved with proper ownership

Thank you, my friend was using an Autosaver and that's probably why it worked.

Yes, the autosaver saves each brick as its own ownership. The default saving is based on the brick from the ground.

do note that it may about double your save file sizes

so it'll go from tiny to slightly less tiny, but still tiny

do note that it may about double your save file sizes

so it'll go from tiny to slightly less tiny, but still tiny
Up to almost double the size in lines, but very unlikely.
Ownership is one line, however, each event is also it's own line, item, vehicle, music, etc all have their own line.
So the closest ratio you could get linecount wise, would be a colorset with 1 color, build everything on top of a single baseplate, and use nothing but bricks. No events, items, lights, etc.
But since you said filesize, then it becomes significantly less than double. As each ownership is only going to be 13-16 characters long. (this includes the newline, range is based on number of digits in ID)

But yeah, when it comes to uploading a save to a server, line count is likely more significant than file size. That is something you'll notice for sure.