[NOW ON GLASS] Chinook Vehicle

Author Topic: [NOW ON GLASS] Chinook Vehicle  (Read 6382 times)

BEHOLD! I GIVE YOU SOMETHING WE'VE NEEDED FOR AGES!
NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL!!

THE CHINOOK!!!

Here is the loading ramp (togglable via Previous Seat key)

The interior is nice aswell

roosterpit view

Known issues:
Difficult to balance when turning on occasion.

Update log:
2/1/18 4:30 AM [v0.0.0]: Released
2/1/18 5:32 PM [v0.0.1]: Fixed a bug making it incompatable with Rally's Helicopter Gunship, Removed some unused code.
2/1/18 8:39 PM [v0.0.2]: Fixed a critical bug with the chinook spinning out when being damaged instead of when it is dead, nerfed the handicappedly high armor on the vehicle.
2/2/18 1:00 AM [v0.0.2.5]: Fixed a section of the code where I forgot to parent a function.
2/21/18 12:42 AM [v0.0.3.5]: Fixed multiple minor bugs (mostly console spam), Edited up the model a bit (made the viewports more useable so that they don't blind you when you fly towards lit areas, added some collision meshes to certain areas of the vehicle that didn't have it), Minor tweaks to the chinook's code, The helicopter HUD now only shows up for the person piloting the chinook.

TO-DO list:
1. Make chinook able to transport vehicles/Vehicle parts.
2. Get this stuff on glass somehow. [ Completed ]

Credits:
Trinko (33152) (me): Model
Rally (107346): Helicopter Code (Modified by me for the add-on)

Use /chinookhelp or /ch for the complete help list.

DOWNLOAD ON GLASS!!!!
DOWNLOAD Vehicle_Chinook NOW!!!!

Note: since this is the first version there will be lots of bugs, hence why it is in Modification Help. just post them here and I'll get to them.
Also note that once most of the kinks are out, this will be released on BLG.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:40:07 PM by Blockz »

pretty sick my dude
can you make a version with a machine gun or a 40mm grenade launcher in the side door tho?

you should make a deployable hook deployed with the left mouse button so you can pick up cars unless its too much work

I have released an update for this, if anyone has downloaded this please update your version via the link in the OP.
you should make a deployable hook deployed with the left mouse button so you can pick up cars unless its too much work
I actually had an idea like this but not entirely like you described. I was thinking of making it be able to load a Howitzer vehicle into the loading bay or some other small vehicles into it, I just haven't figured out how I'd do it yet.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:04:58 PM by Blockz »

double post wooo

Updated again, this time it's mandatory that you update it. I have patched a critical flaw with the chinook getting damaged once and spinning out instead of when it is dead.

Updated yet again because I forgot to parent a keybind and it ended up breaking some stuff.
also made some ninja edits to the OP to make it more "eye popping" or something
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:03:41 AM by Blockz »

I have released an update for this, if anyone has downloaded this please update your version via the link in the OP.I actually had an idea like this but not entirely like you described. I was thinking of making it be able to load a Howitzer vehicle into the loading bay or some other small vehicles into it, I just haven't figured out how I'd do it yet.
you could tax that script from that lifting helicopter vehicle on rtb

for the vehicle system you can probably have a button you press which makes it so you can stand on it, and by pressing the button it also opens up the cargo bay to put vehicles in

for the vehicle system you can probably have a button you press which makes it so you can stand on it, and by pressing the button it also opens up the cargo bay to put vehicles in
I don't believe thats entirely how collision meshes work, if they did, you would be able to stand in and walk around in the chinook like the real thing. It's really disappointing.
you could tax that script from that lifting helicopter vehicle on rtb
I don't entirely recall this working for the Skycrane (because it probably uses the old gamemode stuff), but I could try it later on.

I don't believe thats entirely how collision meshes work, if they did, you would be able to stand in and walk around in the chinook like the real thing. It's really disappointing.
well do you have any idea on how to do it like gsf's aircraft carrier?

Why is this in Modification Help?

because its not fully finished + bugs to be found

My idea would be to, when loading the vehicle in the bay, mount all occupants to some arbitrary seats inside the chinook, and then teleport the vehicle somewhere under the ground. When unloading the vehicle, teleport it behind the chinook, and then remount the players who were mounted to the chinook somewhere to their original positions inside the vehicle

alternately you could just do the same thing the Skycrane did which, I'm fairly certain, wwould just run a loop that constantly updated the transform of the hooked vehicle

well do you have any idea on how to do it like gsf's aircraft carrier?

That just disables you from being able to get into the vehicle. Putting a vehicle inside the Chinook would be just like any other vehicle physics interaction in this game: a mess

I don't believe thats entirely how collision meshes work, if they did, you would be able to stand in and walk around in the chinook like the real thing. It's really disappointing.I don't entirely recall this working for the Skycrane (because it probably uses the old gamemode stuff), but I could try it later on.
skycrane required you to be in a minigame to work.

Why is this in Modification Help?
Why do you post without using your loving brain first? Seriously, this isn't the first thread you've gone around showing yourself as "big macho man" who knows all and sees all but can't think before he posts or better yet, READ before you post. I don't understand what makes it so hard for you to read the thread when it is literally the first thing you see when clicking the URL. It literally says right here why it is in Modification help.
Note: since this is the first version there will be lots of bugs, hence why it is in Modification Help. just post them here and I'll get to them.
Also note that once most of the kinks are out, this will be released on BLG.
At least provide some loving input/output instead of mindlessly slinging stuff everywhere you post. Yeesh, I've made the text bigger so people like you can actually see it since some people are too lazy to read.

My idea would be to, when loading the vehicle in the bay, mount all occupants to some arbitrary seats inside the chinook, and then teleport the vehicle somewhere under the ground. When unloading the vehicle, teleport it behind the chinook, and then remount the players who were mounted to the chinook somewhere to their original positions inside the vehicle

alternately you could just do the same thing the Skycrane did which, I'm fairly certain, wwould just run a loop that constantly updated the transform of the hooked vehicle
I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
skycrane required you to be in a minigame to work.
I will take a closer look at skycrane then some time this week. I haven't really gotten around to it since I have been working on some other stuff lately (including stuff for the chinook.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:53:23 AM by Blockz »