Do you believe in the heart of the cards?

Author Topic: Do you believe in the heart of the cards?  (Read 1816 times)

Okay guys, I jokingly had my future divined by online tarot cards, and on the bit of the celtic cross that's supposed to represent my future, I drew the ten of swords. Now the image on the card ain't no loving joke. It's a brother getting stabbed by ten swords. It's supposed to represent "an unavoidable end, mortality, ruin, and ultimately a new hope." Now, that's a pretty scary card to pull for your future, but it's all fake stuff right? I think I also pulled another card that read something like "You will have a time of momentary respite, enjoy it while it lasts"

Well, two days later, I have a super depressed friend talking about killing themselves. This freaked me right the forget out, not only because I have a friend threatening to end themselves, but also because I just drew a card that's supposed to predict "an UNAVOIDABLE end" and "mortality."  So now I'm wondering what the hell to do, aside from be a friend and talk to them. I'm a bit shaken right now because I have a friend saying that they're gonna kill themselves, and a card confirming it like, "yep, she ain't joking"

Have you guys ever had any divinations that came true? Like crystal ball stuff or something? I mean, sure it could be pure coincidence, but holy stuff what a coincidence.

these cards word themselves in such vague ways so that the people who use them will interpret them to be true on whatever situation that occurs next that fits the definition by their own standard.

Short Answer: No
Long Answer: it's a Psychological trick that makes you believe the cards have more insight than they really do.

Example: Tomorrow will inspire a vital life lesson.

Now someone will look for such a "Vital Life Lesson". Even if there isn't one, the person will interpret something that happened that day as being a "Vital Life Lesson".

Now if for some reason you explained a story where one of the cards looked like this:
-Image redacted because of Imgur TOS-
and your story took place prior to 9/11, I'd be worried.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:03:40 PM by Master Matthew² »

I do believe in the heart of the cards...

Yes, this is exactly what I needed!

I hope your friend gets better soon. I mean, if you believe in the cards yourself, it also says "a new hope" y'know
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:32:35 AM by Flamecannon »

Okay another question, how do you give a person that has nothing and isn't allowed to do anything a will to live?

Okay another question, how do you give a person that has nothing and isn't allowed to do anything a will to live?
That sounds like a potential root of the problem. Help them find purpose by trying out some new hobbies, honestly just spending time with friends can change a person's mood for the better. Socializing and occupying their mind with fun things is a good step forward I think.

hope your friend is all right and gets through this ok.

That's the problem, though. She says she can't do anything besides go to school and go home. It's already almost impossible just to pry her from her seclusion to do anything besides get lunch.

dont trust psychic types.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:52:36 PM by ChappersTeddy »

That's the problem, though. She says she can't do anything besides go to school and go home. It's already almost impossible just to pry her from her seclusion to do anything besides get lunch.
she says. is she forced to live that way? is she even allowed outside?

she says. is she forced to live that way? is she even allowed outside?
I'll ask, I hope to get her to do something outside of school.

Ok tbh this is scary close to the story of how anakin became Darth Vader...

Ok tbh this is scary close to the story of how anakin became Darth Vader...

explain pls

sooo whats causing this? the parents?